ATO . . . careful GENIUS onboard!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Yeah I'm the genius! I ordered my ATO and did NOT order the pump to move the water. It's Friday afternoon and I've called the LFS and they don't carry an "aqua-lifter" pump. What can I use (and get locally) to move the water from my reservoir into the sump?

Will something like an MJ600 do it?

For what it's worth I KNEW there was something I was over looking but it was LATE at night and I was sleepy!! GENIUS I am :D

lcstorc

LOL. I think I have one but that really doesn't help. I would say the hardware store but you obviously have that covered. Maybe a pool supply place? Grasping at straws here.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
hmmm Pool Supply.... maybe I can find something there... it IS pool season anyway... wait.. it's NEVER really "Pool Season" in the mountains! :lol:

Thanks Lynn :)

Octoman

The only issue with using an MJ is the dosing happens really fast. If you want to put Kalk in your top-off, you would want a slow dose. Also, it doesn't hurt the aqualifter to run dry when the reservoir gets empty. It has a bladder pump like an air-pump.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'll probably do the MJ until I can get enough stuff to place another order. I'd hate to pay S/H on such a small order. If I would have thought I could have ordered it WITh the unit, ordered it with the Test Kits and Reef Crystals or any NUMBER of other things I've ordered over the last couple of weeks. But NOOOOO I completely forgot I would need a pump. Senior MOMENT!!!

I will for SURE be running an auqa-lifter when I start dosing. For now I just need to get the ATO up and running to work out the kinks before I start dosing with it.

Jake

Al, I would try to get an Aqua lifter pump (or similar) if you can. The MJ and others will work but they move allot of water fast.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Not sure if there is enough "fall" to gravity feed it. Initially when the TOP Off is full it will but shortly there-after the heights would reverse and it might back-fill.

Granted I MAY be thinking of it the wrong way though.

superman

just make sure to not submerge the end of the fill pipe/tube so you can't back siphon from the tank into the ATO reservoir. I use a maxijet 600 as my ATO pump, I use kalk in my top off water, no problems, works like a charm.