Ashley's Seahorses

Ashley Hamlett

I checked the water yesterday. The ph is 8.2, ammonia is 0, nitrite is 0, and nitrate is 5. The live bacteria I used when I set up the tank was Instant Ocean Bio-Spira. My seahorses won't get here for about a week or so. I can't wait. I sill need a feeding station, hitching post, and food.

Ashley Hamlett

It looks like l'm going with H. Comes (Tiger Tail). Hopefully by Thursday night I will have two seahorses, a male and female. I can't wait.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
That's the prettiest backdrop I've ever seen...Your tank Looks awesome! :snshne:
What live foods are you planning for your seahorses? Can't wait to see them :)

Ashley Hamlett

Thank you Dianakay. Definitely frozen mysis and someone suggested frozen krill. I'm also thinking about giving them live brine as a treat sometimes. If all goes well I might try breeding them one day.

Sent from my LGMS659 using Tapatalk

SGTSLuGG

I didn't see the background until the 2nd page of the post. I must admit, it looks great and really brightens up the tank! I'm going to check out Petco for the same one :) can't wait to see how this tank comes along.

Ashley Hamlett

I got my seahorses last night. They are smaller than I thought they would be (about 2 in.) I wasn't able to make sure that I got one male and female, because they are to young. I started the brine eggs last night in case they have a hard time with the frozen. I hope they make it. I will post pictures later.

Ashley Hamlett

Here's my seahorses. I hope they make it. They aren't eating the frozen really. I tried hatching brine for the first time. Not many hatched. I think I didn't do something wrong. Hopefully they will eat the ones that did.
CAM00112_zpsa42d1e6f.jpg
CAM00111_zps4c25d7e6.jpg

Ashley Hamlett

Thank you everyone. So far they are eating some. I found out that they were to young to be sold. They are just babies. They might make it, They might not. It's just wait and see right now. I'll keep everyone posted.