Aquazone Plus

jhnrb

equipment:
1- Aquazone plus 100
2-Broadley-James ORP Electrode Sealed Ag/AgCI.

Question: The probe gives some calculations and charts to use to calculate the correct ORP based on diff. temps. The Aquazone gives the readout of the ORP. So do you set the Aquazone to the 350 wanted or do you have to use the probe tables and adjust as the probe constant is 202. so if aquazone is set at 150 and the probe constant is 202 = 357. or, do you just set the aquazone to 350 and call it good. anyone know for sure???

jhnrb

Ok, all I have the answer. after contacting Red Sea and talking to a very nice young tech support person who was not very convincing said to just set the Aquazone to the ORP wanted. After talking to The manufacturer of the probe, who did not have a clue and was not familiar with the Red Sea Aquazone plus, I decided to bring on line my Pinpoint ORP monitor and compare the readings. Well the red sea tech person was correct. No math needed with the probe as it is the same kind of probe they calibrated the Aquazone controller with, just a diff manufactured probe. So question is answered. Thanks to those that visited the thread. MODERATORS CAN CLOSE THIS THREAD IF YOU LIKE.