Aquaman's 14gal Fresh!

aquaman3680

just noticed you said you already have co2 tank for calcium reactor...I think you could just split your output using a manifold and seperate needle valve and use the same tank for both aquariums.

My CO2 tank for the CA reactor is in another room otherwise it would be a great idea!

I may try the flourish excel, as adding it daily would not be too big of an issue.

Do the pills that you are supposed to put in the roots of the plants help them out? I think they are like nutrient pills?

Matt

PEMfish

It is always better in my eyes to have a substrate to supply the roots with what they need than anything else as it lasts longer, is more stable, and has not high concentration spots and devoid spots.

PEMfish

At work we have a complete pressurized Co2 system for sale. It takes these disposable cartage's. I will get more info on it tomorrow.

I do NOT believe this to be it but I think you can get the general idea of it;
Google Image Search

aquaman3680

At work we have a complete pressurized Co2 system for sale. It takes these disposable cartage's. I will get more info on it tomorrow.

I do NOT believe this to be it but I think you can get the general idea of it;
Google Image Search

Yeah I would be interested in it! I was looking at this one- Single CO2 Controller for Paint Ball Containers | CO2 System Components | CO2 Equipment | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com

Seemed decent for the price-

How will I know if I am dosing enough CO2 or not?

PEMfish

Well the CO2 will change the water chemistry. You can figure out the ppm of CO2 by collecting PH and KH data. I do not know how acurate this one is but it will give you an idea of how to do it; CO2 Chart . Once you get a feel for it and get it to where you want you can just test PH, if that goes off then test KH to see where your at.