AquaC Remora Pro S info.

blackwater

Been looking at skimmers for a 65 gallon tank....but needs to be able to hang on the back. i came across this model on the net today. new for 2012? comes with a mag5. not a hole lot of info on it. anyone use one?

mcarroll

If it helps, I can vouch that the standard Remora would handle your tank size and is worthy of a few upgrades for additional performance. The Pro is rated up to 120 gallons IIRC.

According to news reports, the "S" distinction indicates presence of a new (slightly) higher-flow design, including in your Pro's case a Mag 5 pump and larger mixing chamber, among other mods.

A Remora Pro would kill on that "little" tank... :) If the Remora seems too small, I'd say go for the Pro!

-Matt (Sporting a classic AquaC EV90)

P.S. Sorry no direct experiences to offer, but I can tell you this skimmer is a safe bet.

blackwater

thanx for the advice. i was thinking the pro or pro S because i want it to be over kill. have heard skimmer ratings are much lower in practical use. also leaves room to re use it if i upgrade to a larger tank later:D

burning2nd

Its a great skimmer... ill never get anything else other then aquaC

some people dont like em cause they exspect them to do magic... but youll never read a horror story of a aquaC owner

theplantman

I have have been using the straight aquac remora on my 34 and it has been a champ. Very consistent skimmate. The only thing I did to it and just recently was add a new sicce pump with a higher flow rate that is adjustable to give me more options for fine tuning. it is a great HOB. I relocated the jebao pump that came with it originally to my return chamber since my old return pump went, it has a higher flow rate than the old return and is still kicking out the flow.