Aptasia

deaclauderdale

I have seen 4 aptasia anemones in my tank and I was wondering how to rid myself of them before they become a problem. I am trying to avoid putting my hands into the tank and rearrangeing things and I have a CB shrimp so I am a little leary of adding some peppermint shrimp and I've also heard that they don't always go for the apatsia. Any advice would be appreicated.

John

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
John , do NOT slack, be extremely aggresive, look everywhere, this IS the saltwater cockroach. Steve

burning2nd

joes juice. (gotta get your hands in there)

i have 2 on my return pump but i havent seen any movement or increse

(probly cause then know i got a loaded gun pointed at them)

Gibeon

As someone who just used Joe's Juice for the first time, let me tell you that it couldn't beany easier.

It comes with a syringe and a plastic needle. You just squirt (gently) some Joe's Juice on the oral disc and they pretty much shrink away into nothing faster than you would imagine.

I'm a huge fan of boiling water, taking a turkey baster, filling it with the boiling water and shooting it directly at said Aiptaisia. The aiptasia instantly dies and lets go of whatever it is growing on. Suck it up and move on! I did this trick once and never saw another aiptasia in the tank again. PLUS...it's free!

I 2nd the boiling RO water for zapping/melting aptasia. Just did it and worked great. Be careful when you suck the boiling water into the turkey baster though. The heat expands the air inside the baster and it shoots a nice spout of boiling water out the end. yikes!

I'mmm meeeeeelllllttting! :flaming:

gonna try that hot water trick. I hope it actually works as well for me. I've been battling these things for years now and what i do know is you cannot quit killing them. I think you have to zap them as soon as you see them. Wish me luck i'm going in. HAAAAA