Anyone using a UV Sterilizer?

Just wondering if anyone have installed a UV sterilizer on their RSM? If so, what has been the outcome and what kind have you used?

I'm on edge about getting one! I also have read about them and don't know if it will help. Most people using them, say it's a good way to prevent ich and control algae and also clears up water!

My water is clear even though I have to clean the glass almost everyday from green algae growing. I do however have a hippo tang that has started to show signs of ich.

I don't have a QT set up so I can't separate him! I am treating him with an ich medication that won't harm the rest of the tank. He is eating well so I guess we'll see.

Thanks for the input! I've heard both good and bad. I'm considering the Coralife Turbo-Twist 36w. Connecting to a timmer so It won't be on all the time!

tnwillia

I've thought about it off and on since I got my tank. I was going to put it in line with my chiller return. But after reading nanoreefing4fun's links and others I could never bring myself to buy one.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I've considered one also, but I'm just not convinced they'll do much good. They have nice smaller ones that are submersible with a built in pump - plug & play.