Anyone seen this glue on ebay?

I just bought the same glue and size for $4.20 a tube on a group buy from my reef club but don't know where they got it from.

Luukosian

Wow seems expensive. Just go buy some loctite gel at the store....its all just cyanoacrylate with some kind of thickening agent in it. That "coral glue" product is probably just re-branded glue of some cheap off brand.

Wow seems expensive. Just go buy some loctite gel at the store....its all just cyanoacrylate with some kind of thickening agent in it. That "coral glue" product is probably just re-branded glue of some cheap off brand.
The Loctite brand gel is a 4 gram tube. The IC gel is a 20 gram tube, much larger size.

Luukosian

Oh yeah your right, guess I didn't notice that. Not a bad deal then. I just looked at the picture and it looked like the standard little tube of super glue.

ZAPCOnj

Here is a 2oz bottle from the same manufacture (note the "rebrand" on the label)

The price is around $7 plus shipping.

BigJay

thanks Frankie.

I usually buy super glue gel in the squeeze bottles for about $2-$3. That tube on the ebay is equal to 5 of those and I bought 3 shipped for I think $23 so about 7.60 a tube shipped versus 10-15 dollars for same amount of super glue gel.
Actually sometimes I can't get to Wal Mart and buy from Ace hardware since its the closest thing to my house and it would be about $20 for the same amount.
Anyhoo seemed like a decent deal to me. Better then any of the big aquarium supply stores. Glad to hear there are even better deals out there. I go through super glue like crazy. Tired of small bottles going empty right in the middle of a coral repositioning session.

flricordia

I get it locally for that price in hobby shops. I have used lots and lots of different and I think the best for the buck is the Loctite 10 gm tubes found in Home Depot and Lowes. They cost about $5 but the glue is thicker then the IC and more consistent. With the IC I have gotten tubes that contained runny sections. Also have found that the Loctite does not require as much to glue something down and sets well. No problems gluing heavy frags, branch frags or whatever. The 10 gm tubes also do not plug as easily as the IC 20gm tubes. Only glue I use now.

kgross

The IC gel is great stuff I use and sell lots of it for locals here.

You should be able to get it for around 7 a tube + shipping depending on where you get it.

I like it a lot better than the smaller tubes, you get a lot more for the money, but if you don't use much glue the small tubes can be nice since if you let them dry out, you can through them away.

Kim

razorvines

So will these work under water? That is what I have been trying to figure out. I had a major problem with my leather today, as some of you may have seen. Now the post surgical piece isn't wanting to reattach and I need to find some way to get it attached.

Jason

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Leathers (and most softies) don't GLUE very well at all. Remember how you said it was "giving off some slime" while messing with it? That's why they don't glue well. The SLIME OFF the glue and float away.

The BEST method for attachment (if you're wanting manual attachment) for a softie is to push a toothpick through the base of the coral and then use thread/glue/rubber bands to hold the toothpick to whatever surface you're wanting the coral to attach to. Within a few weeks (if it's a healthy coral) it should start to self attach and you can remove the thread/toothpick although I've left the toothpick with no ill effects.

ZAPCOnj

So will these work under water? That is what I have been trying to figure out. I had a major problem with my leather today, as some of you may have seen. Now the post surgical piece isn't wanting to reattach and I need to find some way to get it attached.

Jason

I would follow BigAl's advice on how to attach the leather.

as for other corals. you just blob some glue on the bottom of the coral and attach to the rock. the glue/gel will form a skin and cure underwater! while you don't need to do it SUPER fast you do want to do it fairly quickly as the glue will start to set.

razorvines

Thanks AL! You are the man! That's what I thought and have turned the rock piece so the flow doesn't keep from manually reattaching. I am thinking more down the road, but was curious if it would work for now. I am about to setup my chronicles with my progression of pictures so you will have to stop by and check it out. It has come quite a long way and I certainly owe a lot to you guys here on RS.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ryan's SPOT on (as usual). Also do it quickly because the Super Glue can produce HEAT while curing and you don't want to BURN a coral if you can help it. The sudden water will take the heat away instantly.

Good luck :)

Ratpack

I have this glue, it is sold locally here by Aquarium Specialty. IME it works better than the Loctite gel.