Anyone need anything made out of pyrex?

BigJay

that shouldn't be a problem Goma. It will be more of a vase shape then a rectangle. Sending you a PM now.

1Reefer

Glad I found this thread, will be ordering from you real soon bigjay.....like when I get paid again lol. Keep up the great work

BigJay

yeah. Someone else brought it up a few months back and its in my pile of get to expirements. But Bill is right , glass in general, gets quickly covered with coraline. Still would be neat and functional though. As far as pricing I have to give a couple a try before I can say for sure. I'll keep you posted.

btw if you have a land crab however. I can get pretty eloborate. Like those neat painted shells at the pet store only better.

Uslanja

Hi Jay! We received the feeders yesterday and could hardly wait until the lights went down to target feed our two trumpet coral. The feeders are awesome!!!! Thanks again for making them for us.

Dave & Tracy

alohakah

Jay,

Did you make a mandarin feeder like on Melv's reef?

I can't seem to find the pictures if you did.

Are there pictures of your other stuff too?

I need some hitching posts for my seahorses & have used acrylic rods so far.
I am concerned about how safe the colored ones are.
Is this something that you'd be interested in making?

Thanks,
Kimberly

BLAKEJOHN

Got your dropper today Jay and I have to say Im lovin it!!! No more dippin the hands in the tank and very easy to get right where it needs to be........(Crap, I think thats trademarked)....Thanks again Jay

I am a general contractor by day and a glass blower at night. I made a bunch of stands and glass jacks for propping the live rock in my tank out of labratory grade pyrex of which I then sandblasted to give them lots of surface area.
Got to thinking maybe somebody else might have a need for glass if you do hit me up. I'd definetly be into trading speciality made products for frags or what not.
Ever wanted a 2' long eye dropper out of labratory grade glass?? No problem... Need stirrers?? Maybe you want an overflow tube out of glass?? Let me know.

One caveat.... For tank safety everything must be done out of clear. Colorants in glass can contain copper, chromiam etc etc.

Hey bigjay...

How much for one of those target feeders? And have you ever though about putting a slight angle on the tip of it? this would help in getting in to those hard to reach places for people like me who have a reef wall where the reef nearly comes all the way up to the front of the glass! Let me know!

Thanks.

BigJay

yup, about 1 out of every 10 dropper that goes out goes out with an angle. Just have to let me know how much of an angle you need and how far back from the tip you need it. PM sent regarding pricing.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Jay,

Got my feeder and custom pod house today. Great products and quality workmanship. Thanks!!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Jay,

Got my feeder and custom pod house today. Great products and quality workmanship. Thanks!!

You do realize

pichers.jpg

BigJay

Goma that was the hardest pod house I've ever made. The shape proved more difficult then I ever could have imagined.