Any current or previous kole tang owners out there?

Talon33

Who had had these fish before? I have had mine for like 3 months, him and my yellow tang used to swin together all the time but yellow tang left him for the flame angel. I am using one algae clip now and it's funny because he tries to hog it all the time, but I never like to give stuff back to lfs but this kole tang may be the first one. My yellow is super passive but kole tang is not at all

GlassMunky

i never had any issues with my kole tang. is your being aggressive towards the other tang or just hogging the food?

GlassMunky

you may have the clip in a place he perceives to be "his territory" so he could be just fending off his area of food.

sixline

I've had Kole tangs before, but never had any issues with aggression. They do pretty much eat constantly throughout the day.

Besides, the yellow tang started it by running off with the flame angel.

Have you considered trying another algae clip at the other end of the tank?

Choff

My kole was king of the tank, but didn't harass anyone. I recently added a purple tang that he initially bullied, but the purple is now King. They all get along though. No aggression in my tank.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Talon33

He is definately a pig, he really never messes with any of the fish but out off all the fish he is definately the aggressor, actually I think a friend of mine may take him and give him a great home but ill think about it but also got another clip today

I had a Kole Tang that was mean, he stressed out my LM blenny and Wrasse till they died. He was my favorite fish though, very pretty and active.

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
I have a Kole. He is pretty much the king of the tank and I have seem him chase other fish, especially new additions.