Anthony's RSM 250

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Re: Hi new RSM250 Owner

Hahahahah! Funny how we all speak the same language, but at times don't know what the heck somebody's talking about!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

I do think it is very very cool, that we have rsm owners here on the forum from around the world here in the rsm owners forum !!!
fam29.gif

Nowellsy SNR

Hi guys just been looking at my Rock and noticed a very small worm i take it this is normal?

This Hobby is amazing only had the Rock in a week

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Sounds normal to me. There are probably a lot of things on that rock. There are times I've only noticed things after taking pictures of the rock. After 2 years I still see something new once in a while.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

If you can get pictures of the things that show up on the rock that would be great in trying to identify them. Rock watching is one of the best benefits of a reef tank, especially with new rock.

Nowellsy SNR

Quick question is it worth me having my Skimmer on all the time theres next to nothing in my tank but i will be getting the rest of my Rock in the next couple of days, i dont seem to get any foam at all.....???......

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Nothing really to skim yet. I'd leave it on anyway since it needs to break in anyhow. But, you could shut it off if you want to.

Whipitup

Quick question is it worth me having my Skimmer on all the time theres next to nothing in my tank but i will be getting the rest of my Rock in the next couple of days, i dont seem to get any foam at all.....???......

TBH I reckon not.........it will help break the skimmer in, but it wont pull much muck out until you have a decent bio-load.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Thought so its been on for 3 weeks so should have broke in by now

Thanks

It probably is, and until you get more rock, etc. you could most likely turn it off. As Whipitup said you don't have any bio-load to make a stable foam. Once you get more rock in start it up again. Or turn it back on in a few days & see what happens.

Nowellsy SNR

Quick update got the rest of my LiveRock today 20kg looks fantastic

Will post pics tomoz as im at work now till 6am didnt want to come to work lol