Another 40g breeder build!

It seems with Petco's sale that 40g breeders are getting popular! I decided to start my own build thread documenting the progression of my reef. This will be a slow thread but I intend to take tons of piktures. ('Caus what's a thread without pics? :D)

A little history... I have been keeping aquariums since elementary school. Started with a betta, now I'm addicted to salt. xD I absolutely love plumbing/filtration/lighting. I set up my first SW tank over a year ago and it's been through ups and downs, right now its an algae infestation. I plan to make that a FO tank and concentrate my efforts on a smaller coral reef tank.

So, with all that aside, here's some specs!

-40g/br AGA tank with a 1" overflow
-20g sump
-6 x 65W PC lights w/ moonlights
-DIY stand and canopy
-DIY ATO
-Euroreef RS-80 skimmer
-GFO/carbon reactor
-one mega complex electrical control system (Plan to do it as a project for my class lol)
-External closed loop (I can drill one hole but I don't want to risk more.)

Main water pump will be whatever pump I can find that's quiet and works great.

Not too much to show as far as pics are concerned right now, I will try to get an overall drawing done tonight so this post isn't naked. xD

Alright so some stuff has been happening... sort of...

School's got me rather busy unfortunately. (They need to have a "reef building class" or something!)

But I have been working on the plans. I have a bit of an issue, I plan to set it up as a "peninsula" but pushed against the wall (I don' t really like overflows in the back for some reason, so I might as well try this!) Plus my room is sort of small, trying to save an extra 3" or so of space.

Soooo here's what I'm trying to decide:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Note that other than the tank everything else is part of the stand/canopy.

Any ideas? :eek:verhere: