angel/fish favorites?

THis is random but what is the deal with angel fish? I would love to get an impeerator angel but i dont think that my corals would appreciate it. I dont have any sps but i do have lps. I have looked at photo of fish and have seen several angels in reef systems. Who has angels in thier reef tank? I would like to but i dont want to lose corals.

Also on another note i was just wanting to know if you had to pick one reef fish as your favorite what would that be.

michael_cb_125

Great question. I am actually seriously considering adding Two Larger angels to my 240 gallon SPS Tank. There are many angels that are considered reef safe, but most of these are the more drably colored species IMO. Most angels are ok arounds SPS corals. But will make a quick meal of most LPS and soft corals. many leathers are ok because they are somewhat toxic. I am looking at getting a Majestic angel and a regal angel, but my tank will be mainly SPS.
Putting these guys into any reef tank is risky, but IMO many of them are well worth the risk. ~Michael

billyr98

i would love to add a regal.. but fishing him out of 450g, if he misbehaves would stink.. so no angels..

my favorite reef fish is a rhomboid wrasse (mine jumped)..

michael_cb_125

That sucks Billy. Did he make it?
I want to add apair to my tank, but i think I will stick with the Lineatus Wrasse.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Here's my Japanese Masked Swallowtails... they are as reef safe as you can get... don't bother or nip at anything.

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00584.jpg

burning2nd

i wish................:-(

if i had, i would make like a jail around my tank, the worst that would happen is a little burn from the reflector on the way back down.... like chicken wire fence...

nice fishy

Okay i really like the angels especially the emperator angel. If you had a 55 gal. with mostly mushrooms, a big candy cane, and one large open brain would you risk getting an angel and just hope that it wont eat your corals. Any one out thier ever deal with these kind of conditions. I have been reading up on the eating habits and all i keep reading is to monitor. Man, this is a tough decision would anyone besides me go for it?

michael_cb_125

Unfortunately I would not put any of the large angels in a 55 gallon tank. They really need alot of space to swim and forage. You can look at some of teh pygmy angels. The emperator angel gets very large and would not do well in a small tank. Also in a smaller tank the large angels are more prone to nipping at coral.~Michael

SuPeRhErO_gIrL

I currently have 2 pygmy angels (coral beauty & flame) in a 60 gallon with a lot of softies and leathers and a sun coral...no problems with nipping at any of the polyps...I know that it is hit or miss with the smaller species...but hearsay for the larger angels isn't very inviting...I'd let someone else be the guinea pig on that one.