Anemone spawning, what to do!?!?!?!?

CarmenH

Just before lights out tonight, I looked at my tank and it was cloudy. On closer observation, my bta was shooting out clouds of milky liquid. From the online descriptions, it sounds like he was spawning. I set up a my marineland cannister with the micron filter, and threw on an aquaclear with carbon, but I just did a water change on my other tank and hadn't made up another batch of sw yet so I can't do a WC until later tonight or tomorrow (the water temp is low).
Any other suggestions?
My chalice was sliming like crazy but it may have just been because all the messing around to set up the filters was right near him... And the nem is now soooo deflated!

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
done all you can short of water changes, what happened to cause this? an anem spawn is almost always a stress related issue

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
+1^, you wanna try to clean up the water as best you can........the downside of anenomes

CarmenH

No idea what might have caused it, he's been doing really fantastically great recently. Will add more carbon. SW is mixing...

CarmenH

The water's already cleared up. Love that Magnum micron filter. Not gonna stop with the clean up but clear is good, yes?

CarmenH

Any problem with nuking water a bit at a time in a clean glass measuring cup and dumping it back in the mixing tub to speed up the warming?

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
The water might evaporate in the microwave, raising salinity. Also not a good idea to be heating random salts. You know, boom... Or at least sometimes. Toss an incandescent over it and it'll heat up in a hurry!

CarmenH

Damn I hope he's okay...he's my favorite thing in the tank...

nem072411.jpg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
fill up water bottles with hot water from the sink......drop them in (closed) and that will help warm it up

Put some in a pot over the stove on low with a lid a thermometer , get it hot enough then mix with the rest of the r
Fresh sw . So that way there's not to much evap, less salt swing , and heTs rest of the water faster .

Oh , oi your in trouble . What lights do you have? Remember it doesn't need to be perfect a 90 is a decent size. Nice clarkii! What temp does it need to be? You can also take the heater out of the tank and put it in the fresh sw.