Anemone Issues

Desmond

The jebao wave makers are awesome in my opinion. Great value for now and relatively cheap when you get the funds together. Are you based in the US ? Why not use live aquaria to order from. I only wish I had a selection like this to order from ☺ I hear you on the wedding. We are starting planning this summer and to set date. I would prefer to have extra money to add to my tank he he or upgrade ☺

Sent from my SM-G870F using Tapatalk

Desmond

I missed that they peeled from the glass. This must be done extremely carefully . My bet is they got part removed and just pulled the rest.

Sent from my SM-G870F using Tapatalk

Did some major work to the tank last night, took out about 60% of my chaeto because it was so thick it was almost a sponge. Increased the flow in the tank and also redid my aquascape to reduce shadow. Should I stick with a bare bottom or should I add sand?

Desmond

I think this is really a preference from person to per but i like sand as it holds allot of life and i think in time when mature benifits a tank.

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
I've tried bare bottom - not a fan at all. I love sand. Do what you like the best and it will work out fine.

Regarding chaeto/macro. Nitrates is the #1 fertilizer to get chaeto to grow fast. Chaeto does not process this chemical and convert it to something else, it simply uses it for cellular replication, and it always remains in the same form. This is good! That means, to physically remove the nitrates from your aquarium, all you have to do is remove Chaeto from your aquarium. On my refugium (about 1 cubic foot of space), I'm removing nearly a half gallon zip lock bag of chaeto every week, and my fish store gives me $20 for it. I have 5 deep red LEDs and 2X Royal Blue LEDs over it, so it grows like crazy. My nitrates are unreadable on any test kit.

Jeff

I've tried bare bottom - not a fan at all. I love sand. Do what you like the best and it will work out fine.

Regarding chaeto/macro. Nitrates is the #1 fertilizer to get chaeto to grow fast. Chaeto does not process this chemical and convert it to something else, it simply uses it for cellular replication, and it always remains in the same form. This is good! That means, to physically remove the nitrates from your aquarium, all you have to do is remove Chaeto from your aquarium. On my refugium (about 1 cubic foot of space), I'm removing nearly a half gallon zip lock bag of chaeto every week, and my fish store gives me $20 for it. I have 5 deep red LEDs and 2X Royal Blue LEDs over it, so it grows like crazy. My nitrates are unreadable on any test kit.

Jeff
i've got a normal household CFL bulb over it and it grows like a weed. When I shook it out in my sink i found 37 pods that i didnt even know I had plus a small starfish and a bunch of snails... god i love this hobby lol

Desmond

Nice , i did the same last night on my pod tank and it is full of pods. I have been adding them to my tank to try and get it loaded with them for a Mandrin i plan to get in the future :) I have a grow light on mine 14 hrs a day and the Chaeto is growing like mad i think soon i will have to sell or give some away :)

Desmond

I am soon going to get my fluval edge reset up and add all pods and chaeto to it. I have a custome light on it i can set it how i please :) has controller and all and i guess it will be good if i need to quarentine a fish :)

I am soon going to get my fluval edge reset up and add all pods and chaeto to it. I have a custome light on it i can set it how i please :) has controller and all and i guess it will be good if i need to quarentine a fish :)
I have a Fluval edge spec V im itching to get up and running. I never thought about using it as a pod farm. Def. an idea.

Desmond

Mine is sitting sad at the minute with a heater and pump and some live rock and sand. Was going to sell but offers were silly so i am keeping for now may asweel use it :)

i want to set up a mini reef but when I tried to last time it fell through. I'm used to much larger tanks and this little five gallon is the devil!

Desmond

My fluval crashed 2 times thats when i said i need bigger. Mind you i did love it but i wanted more fish and corals and i feel soon enough i may need bigger again lol