Amber Alert - Diamond Goby

monkeymynd

Hi guys,

Bought a Diamond Goby the other day. Put it in the tank and it went right to work! Looked healthy, etc. Saw it the next day and then *poof* it disappeared then next morning. I've heard they are jumpers, but I looked everywhere and didn't see it on the floor, etc. I have a cannister filter with one intake, so it couldn't have gotten in there.

Just wondering if they burrow under a rock or something and hide for a while when they are new to the tank? I can't imagine that it got out of the tank, so I'm hoping it's just hiding out somewhere.

Any ideas?

Frankie

RS STAFF
Yes, they burrow and hide. They are also famous for just disappearing and never to be seen again.
Hopefully yours will come out.

reefman78

friend of mine just got one also, did the exact same thing. Two days later he came out and has been out since haha

joshsgrl

I had same problem, worried he dug under rock and it fell on him, worried he jumped out, was unable to find him for about a month, then we did find him behind the tank on the carpet. Looked before but did not see him. My dog found him....:rollingey