ALS Red Sea 650

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Yea I'm trying not to go to fish shops! We have just sold our house this week, so I gotta take it steady until all is moved. Mind you I have the prospect of getting a fish room when we can find a house to buy :) exciting times...

Choff

Oooo Gratz on the sale. Looking for a home takes on a whole different perspective once you have a large sw tank. We almost moved last year and my very first thought as we walked into the house was where is my setup going? Word to the wise...keep that as thoughts. Wife got sick of me vetoing houses immediately because they were not tank friendly. They had other issues that I learned to lead with and only played the tank card off there was nothing else.

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Hehe Mike, sound advice taken. I shall pretend that when measuring wall space and what's directly behind it that I'm just trying to visualise the size difference between what we have got and the potential new home! Of course ill be looking at the garden, with the view I need a outbuilding as my "man cave" where I can brew beer and coral frags side by side. It will have to have a false wall with common gardening tools hanging on it to complete the illusion. Realistically I need a industrial unit to cope with all my hobbies but that'll be a step to far I think to bring my family up in lol :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Sounds like you have quite a collection of hobbies Alan :p It's already starting to look like a coral orgy but keep it up and I'm sure you'll be there in no time! :D

DaveR11

Hi Alan,

I'm new to forum and hoping to get back into marines once I have sorted out buying a house. I've been reading lots of the set-up threads on here - very informative. You have a fantastic tank! I have been scouting around the local shops (I live just over the border from you in Norfolk, though I work in Suffolk). Do you have any good marine shops that are worth checking out?

Best wishes,

Dave

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Hi Dave, great to see another Anglian on here. I use blue sea in Watton, h2o in Brentwood, and cgt in Cambridge as a rule..

DaveR11

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have visited Blue Sea and Cambridge Coral Tech so far - like CCT they were very approachable guys and for a small shop they had what looked like a good stock and lots of healthy animals. I gather they are moving to bigger premises. I think H2O might be a bit far for me unless I call in when visiting friends in Kent.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
[video=youtube;XgvR3y5JCXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgvR3y5JCXg[/video]

Alan you need to stop by again!!! We need to see some new pics and hear how things are going in your lovely tank :yup:
Also you should also stop by the ZEOvit Users Thread too! :) lol