ALS Red Sea 650

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Wow did not know that. I assumed it was a gorg by the flexibility and well gorg kinda looks.

Choff

Wow Al, I had some catching up to do. Tank looks fantastic. What a transformation in only a year. Im embarrassed that my tank is 2 and looks 2 months old with ask the little frags.

Well done buddy!

...stupid auto correct

Oxylebius

Wow did not know that. I assumed it was a gorg by the flexibility and well gorg kinda looks.

Great 2-part article on coralscience.org website on black corals, if you are interested in checking it out.
http://www.coralscience.org/main/articles/reef-species-4/black-corals-part-one
http://www.coralscience.org/main/articles/reef-species-4/black-corals-part-two

The next time anyone asks you what the rarest thing is in your tank, you can point out this guy, the Cirrhipathes! Like I said in my first post about it, you don't see these often in tanks. Great specimen.

Basile

She looks just like mine , actually mine is a purple one, but under the lights she's blue is it the case with you too. Lights OFF she's purple and with the lights she's blue?

Photo1080.jpg

without the lights

Photo1001.jpg

salty23

Looking good! Love the monti Island. I am doing something similar in my tank as well :)

Following along as well since I am a zeo user myself too!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Well I have been out of the loop for a little while due to the big 40 im about to cross. so I'd thought I'd update my thread with some pics of recent events :)

A complete strip down and clean of the engine room...
vuvuhu2e.jpg

7e7ysana.jpg

zajeguza.jpg

ane2uqa5.jpg

e6ura5a2.jpg

Not so impressed with the rusting of the stainless steel within the waveline dc10000!
y5ehumur.jpg

9u4ejery.jpg
yqyqe5em.jpg

u2apujap.jpg

All parts now clean, time for reassembly
5anu5y9u.jpg

jyturume.jpg

tyha9uze.jpg

Now all is well in my in my sump again :)

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
And here's what I got upto for my 40th, thanks to my very special wife and family..... Kings of Leon in concert. Fantastic night and one of my favourite bands.
upuhyza3.jpg

ujusepu4.jpg

jatyryte.jpg

And I got a very special ride up in a p51 mustang on Sunday, its been on my bucket list forever after growing up building little model replicas of it to now actually being in one I'm truly blessed.

yvegytup.jpg

ymuzegem.jpg

ygadeja7.jpg

gy9a8u5e.jpg

yha2a7a3.jpg

y4emu8yj.jpg

e9y6yjar.jpg

sypytyra.jpg

vahy6uda.jpg

gyda9a8a.jpg

5e2a4u3a.jpg

We got to fly up the east coast of the uk, which is fitting as this warbird used to fly from our east coast over to Berlin protecting the bomber groups. It was incredible to be up there in the sky and just brought it home to me the bravery of the young men that flew these in desperate times protecting our shores. Ill be forever grateful, as I can tell you these birds take some flying! My pilot had restored both his mustangs from the brink, but he flys them to there limits! We where pulling 5.5 g's doing aerobatics through clouds and we did the mustang whistle and fly past a hundred feet above the deck at 400 plus mph over my family's heads just like in the final moments of "saving private Ryan". Absolutely brilliant and ill treasure that forever.

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
I know mate, I'm pinching myself as it was a unreal experience. I'm lucky in the fact that I have a great wife who spent the last year and a half doing countless hours on the phone and emailing to get this organised. He has two P51's and they are the only ones outside of the states and Australia that can take a passenger. He only usually does airshows, so how this come about is basically a miracle in my eyes.

Naj117

Al mate congrats on the big 40!

Kings of Leon your gonna hate me mate but I've met them a few times as a friend of mine does their catering when they are in the UK and always get backstage VIP passes, lovely fellas, lovely family and huge fan of their music!

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Al mate congrats on the big 40!

Kings of Leon your gonna hate me mate but I've met them a few times as a friend of mine does their catering when they are in the UK and always get backstage VIP passes, lovely fellas, lovely family and huge fan of their music!

They seem really cool laid back fella's. they were amazing and to think all that sound is being created in front of your eyes is very cool. Have to say I'm loving there new album, had it a while but hearing super soaker live was immense. Your very lucky to met them and I'm pretty jealous :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Wow, just wow :D That's so incredible mate!! It would have been absolutely mind blowing being in one of those beauties!! :yup: Consider me exceptionally jealous :p I'd love to get in a spitfire though, one of my absolute favourites :)

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
5ury4ape.jpg

As promised..... FTS, however I'm still using the iPad to take these pics! What I'm really struggling with is getting a good pic with the cannon. Don't get me wrong the camera is amazing at taking every kind of picture (like mustang pics) but marine tank shots I struggle with.

Any pointers as to what settings people are using, as I read that you need flashes above the tank etc. unfortunately I own the camera and a tripod and that's about it so far....