All you solaris people.

This is for all you Solaris people. I just got mine late last week and got my tank set up this weekend. Now I need help setting up the light.

I want to use Solar mode but I don't want it to run as long as it does. I would like to make my longest day about 10 hours. I'd also like it to come on at whatever time during the day and switch to lunar at around 10 each night. In order to do this I need some help because I have no idea how to do this. LOL.

I figure to make the light only run for 10 hours a day I can set the longest day to 600 mins if I can do that. Now the tricky part is to get it to come on and shut off at 10 each night. I was told the easiest way to do this is to set the time back however many hours I want it to run later. If that makes sense. I guess if the light turns off at 20:00 every night I can set the time back 2 hours to 1800 hours. One of my main questions is how do I find out what time it shuts off every night so that I can adjust accordingly?

brooks93

you can go to auto mode and turn it off then go to timer mode and set the time you want it on and off. then tell it how long the sunrise and sunset is

I am not infront of mine right now but, thats how I remember it.

i just let mine run in the southern hemisphere setting.

you can go to auto mode and turn it off then go to timer mode and set the time you want it on and off. then tell it how long the sunrise and sunset is

I am not infront of mine right now but, thats how I remember it.

i just let mine run in the southern hemisphere setting.

Yeah I could do that but thats my last resort. If I do that I won't have cloud cover.

If I had mine I'd help...grrr.

So, how do you like it?? All banks on? No problems?

Yeah everything was fine. All banks working so far and power supply working fine too. Only thing I noticed is on the LCD display sometimes an extra letter will pop up. Like LCD would say LCDD or DISPLAY will be DISPLAYY.

biju708

southern hemisphere setting , auto mode , cloud cover , Solar mode : ahhhhhh grrrrrrrr I'm so jealous :)

brooks93

i actually have cloud cover turned off because it was making me think I need to check my eyes. walk by the tank and say what they heck is wrong.. walk out of the room to get my step and come back and its fine. Did this about 3 times before I figured out what it was.

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
Auto Settings (these may change slightly):

Current Time 8AM
Sunrise Options Default Settings
Sunrise Start Time 8AM
Sunrise Time Length Blue 30 min
Sunrise Time Length White 30 min
Sunrise Time Length Night Blue Lights 30 min
Sunrise Time Length Night White Lights 30 min

Daylight Options
Daylight % Blues 100%
Daylight % Whites 100%
Daylight % Blue Night Lights 100%
Daylight % White Night Lights 100%

Cloud Cover
% decrease from Daylight Full Brightness 0
Frequency between Clouds
Length of Cloud cover

Sunset Options Default Settings
Sunset Start Time 7:00 PM
Sunset Time Length Blue 90 min
Sunset Time Length White 30 min
Sunset Time Length Blue Night Lights 90 min
Sunset Time Length White Night Lights 30 min

Night Settings
Night Start Time 8:30PM
Length of Night Lights 700 min
Night % Blues 0
Night % Whites 0
Night % Blue Night Lights 10%
Night % White Night Lights 0%

Set for 28 Day Moon Cycle ON

i actually have cloud cover turned off because it was making me think I need to check my eyes. walk by the tank and say what they heck is wrong.. walk out of the room to get my step and come back and its fine. Did this about 3 times before I figured out what it was.

Dude that is funny :laughroll

Auto Settings (these may change slightly):

Current Time 8AM
Sunrise Options Default Settings
Sunrise Start Time 8AM
Sunrise Time Length Blue 30 min
Sunrise Time Length White 30 min
Sunrise Time Length Night Blue Lights 30 min
Sunrise Time Length Night White Lights 30 min

Daylight Options
Daylight % Blues 100%
Daylight % Whites 100%
Daylight % Blue Night Lights 100%
Daylight % White Night Lights 100%

Cloud Cover
% decrease from Daylight Full Brightness 0
Frequency between Clouds
Length of Cloud cover

Sunset Options Default Settings
Sunset Start Time 7:00 PM
Sunset Time Length Blue 90 min
Sunset Time Length White 30 min
Sunset Time Length Blue Night Lights 90 min
Sunset Time Length White Night Lights 30 min

Night Settings
Night Start Time 8:30PM
Length of Night Lights 700 min
Night % Blues 0
Night % Whites 0
Night % Blue Night Lights 10%
Night % White Night Lights 0%

Set for 28 Day Moon Cycle ON

So if I read this right all I would have to do is adjust the sunrise start time, the sunset start time, the Night start time and the length of night lights?

rmlevasseur

I am very glad your Solaris is functioning well, but where are all the oooh's and ahhh's? For the money I shelled out, I better damn well have an orgasm when I turn it on!

I am very glad your Solaris is functioning well, but where are all the oooh's and ahhh's? For the money I shelled out, I better damn well have an orgasm when I turn it on!

To be honest theres just sand and 5 lbs of rock in my tank right now. I haven't been running the light. I did turn it on for for a few mins though and was very impressed. All the oooh's and ahhh's came from other people that have come to see it.

tbittner

You know, I bet the retailers who sell the Solaris are as frustrated with PFO as us buyers. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.....

Fish Crazy

I have my Solaris on the auto timer mode since the tank is in my bedroom and I don't want the brighter lights during the moon phase. I have it go off at about 9pm. I have a 36" H now but am upgrading to a 72" I series with the new tank I'm orderig from Jack soon and it will be in the living room and I'll use the pre-set auto - so it can adjust for moon phases, and cloud cover - ok that's the ohhhh and yes you can ge the big O when you turn it on - for that kind of money you better LOL

brooks93

PFO is suppose to coming out with a upgrade kit for the solaris. I have a h series also but, they told me they are going to release a upgrade kit to make it a I series

Techno-Vicki

I decided to do the same. I prefer the full light mode. How is everything else?