aiptasia

Stretch

Has been struck by the ban stick
Just so you are aware its a bit of a crap shoot with the peppermint shrimp.

I recently bought 10 of them and have yet to see a difference in the amount of aiptasia in the tank. I thought that having 10 of them in the tank would cause them to compete for food and make the aiptasia's a prime target. Not so as of yet.

If you decide to try the peppermint shrimp, attempt to control the amount of left over food in the tank after feeding. I was warned by fellow RS members that they are great scavangers and may not eat the aiptasias if they can get the other food.

I have since started treating the aiptasias with a very small syringe and lemon juice. It seems to work.

yvr

Whenever I see any Aiptasias in my tanks, I inject Tropic Marin Elimi-Aiptas directly into the stalk as opposed to into the mouth. I find that the product has a better kill rate when injected into the stalk rather than the mouth and it has worked well for me.

bshady

I have heard on the peppermint shrimp that it depends on the region they are from whether or not they will eat aiptasias

dmatt88

Peppermints. Do the research n get a few. They do eat em.

Sent from Matts DROID x using Tapatalk

JoeG

Cut tank feedings down a bit, Peppermint shrimp took care of all the aptasia. Note: Peppermints do there best work at night

Dougal

I added two peppermint shrimp last weekend to deal with several small aptasias, next day they were all gone. havent seen the shrimp since though!

dmatt88

I have Aiptasia that in a nano would be bigger than most the corals in the tank. Keep the swimmers off your beloved corals n enjoy the rest. Peppermints keep the little Aiptasia at bay. The bigguns good luck I've heard ap x works well.

Sent from Matts DROID x using Tapatalk

Robzilla

If you go the peppermint route, make sure they are actually peppermints....there are several species of shrimp that look VERY similar but only real peppermints are aip eaters. Do your research and make sure what your LFS says are peppermints are actually peppermints!