Aiptasia plagues...

Proven Anti-aiptasia solutions...

• Bristle-tail/File-fish (Acreichthys Tormentosus)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kylemidland21

i have only had a couple aptasia. i tried joes juice and it worked almost instantly. but its 20 dollars a kit. so i got 2 peppermint shrimp. i shouldnt have to buy anything else to get rid of them. since i added the shrimp ive not seen 1 aptasia in my tank.

nightfire76

thats what i say,why pay 20 bucks for a dang kit,might as well buy a shrimp or two,they are attractive would help that prob and even help clean the tank :D

Blurp

Well I finally bought an Acreichthys Tormentosus, ugly guy though, I'll keep you informed on its diet ;)

Much more easy to get than Berghia nudibranchs...
P1000450.jpg

Kingfish

i only have one that i know of,so any lemon juice will work or might work?

You got to get rid of these things fast. They reproduce like a *****. Back in the day with my old tank, I had one spawning every 2 minutes. At first I thought they were coral, since it came on one of my live rocks that I bought. A couple of months later they were everywhere. Killing my other corals. I ended up taking all the LR out for a few days and mixed it with about three times as much salt then salt water. And I bought some aiptasia control for the suckers on my coral rocks. :rocket: I hate aiptasia

lcstorc

? for those of you who have the Berghia. Do they have any chance of surviving with a six line and red corris wrasse? How big do they get? Lerger ones may have a chance in my tank but any small cleaners seem to become lunch rather quickly.

johnvic

I seem to always have one or 2 aiptasia. One keeps re-apearing in the same spot, but it's a tough spot to hit with aiptasia-x. I kill it and then another one appears a week or 2 later.

I asked my lfs about peppermint shrimp and they said that they will eat certain types of corals.

BLAKEJOHN

the six line or any wrasse is likely to eat the nudi's. Thats why I have not gotten any yet. I just cant see dropping $150 to watch my sixline have a few good meals and nothing get done about the aptasia. I tried joes juice and it dint work fro crap. They would appear to die, then a couple days later there was still half an anenome and a few more also (i think it made my problem worse). I am gonna try to inject them with lemon or lime juice and see how that works.

lcstorc

That is what I was afraid of. I had some lettuce nudibrach that managed to stick around a while but then they became snacks. No way of catching the wrasses. They eat the peppermints as well so I guess I am stuck (Some are in places that cannot be reached.)

Jess

the six line or any wrasse is likely to eat the nudi's. Thats why I have not gotten any yet. I just cant see dropping $150 to watch my sixline have a few good meals and nothing get done about the aptasia. I tried joes juice and it dint work fro crap. They would appear to die, then a couple days later there was still half an anenome and a few more also (i think it made my problem worse). I am gonna try to inject them with lemon or lime juice and see how that works.

I've had my 6line for several months now as well as the Berghias which I still see around... luck of the draw I guess. Probably only a matter of time though.

IMHO, the whole injecting method has the same results no matter if its lemon juice/Joe's Juice/Aiptasia X, etc. It just makes things worse. But that's just my experience so far..

Jess

I've had my 6line for several months now as well as the Berghias which I still see around... luck of the draw I guess. Probably only a matter of time though.

IMHO, the whole injecting method has the same results no matter if its lemon juice/Joe's Juice/Aiptasia X, etc. It just makes things worse. But that's just my experience so far..

aptasia x worked well in my tank when my live rock was infested after i got the large ones under control i put some peppermint shrimp in there they always seemed to leave a few but never let them get out of hand again smart little guys they were just making sure they had future meals i guess.

isoterix

I had aiptasia starting to grow in my tank. I purchased two peppermint shrimp and within two days it was gone. And no sign of it!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I've been successful using the Peppermint shrimp but if the problem has turned into a plague then the issue is water quality as they will multiply quickly if there's excessive dissolved organics. Are you using a skimmer and if so which model ?