AI Vega not connecting to controller

twood

When I first got my lights they connected find the first time tried to update the controller and after that they will not connect at all either says claim error or colors not found or it won't say anything at all not sure what the problem is, Nobody at aqua illuminations answers the phone at all which is ridiculous!!, Any help would be greatly appreciated

DaveK

I've had similar issued with AI Hydra lighting. Here is what I had to do.

1) Plug the controller into your computer. Then download and update the firmware on the controller. This is where you use the firmware update function on the controller, and it looks like a USB drive to your compute. Installing these updates does require a computer running windows.

2) Plug the controller back into it's normal configuration.

3) Reset the lighting fixture(s) to factory default. On the Hydras, you hold down the button for 7 secs, and the little LED flashes. Then when you remove your finger, the LED stays red. The Vega you have may be different.

4) Set up and program your lighting controller from scratch. The controller should then find the lighting. Set up the lighting fixture(s) first, before you worry about timers and so on.

Good luck. Let me know if this works out for you.