AI Hydra

DaveK

I use 6 of them over my 125 gal reef. I've been delighted with them. I did have some initial problems with the white LEDs burning out, but AI exchanged the unit or shipped a replacement part right away. Excellent customer support.

I did find that the coverage of LED lighting is more directional than the MH that they replaced. I initially started with 4 units and found that there were some darker areas at the top of the tank. The additional units solved the problem. I could have also raised the fistures, but that would have reduced the light going into the tank.

You can custom program them almost anyway you want, although I use a more or less standard program. BTW, in addition to the fixture, you also need a controller for the fixture, but a single controller can run many fixtures.

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I use 6 of them over my 125 gal reef. I've been delighted with them. I did have some initial problems with the white LEDs burning out, but AI exchanged the unit or shipped a replacement part right away. Excellent customer support.

I did find that the coverage of LED lighting is more directional than the MH that they replaced. I initially started with 4 units and found that there were some darker areas at the top of the tank. The additional units solved the problem. I could have also raised the fistures, but that would have reduced the light going into the tank.

You can custom program them almost anyway you want, although I use a more or less standard program. BTW, in addition to the fixture, you also need a controller for the fixture, but a single controller can run many fixtures.

Dave,

Did you use the ext rail system?