Adding 2nd Clownfish

modulok

I have a Pink Skunk Clown who is hosting a Green Bubble Tip Anemone. He has been in the tank since November 2011. I was thinking to add another Pink Skunk, but was not sure if they would bond together in the same nem, or fight.

I had a pair of pink skunks and one died. I bought a tiny one a few weeks after being informed that these fish are relatively accepting of another being added.

They got on straight away.

it isn't certain they will get on if you add another but you have a good chance, especially if you buy one much smaller than the existing one.

reefer4life

Well thats what you want. The small new one will have no choice to submit to the larger one. You said you had that clown for years now, this means your clown is probably a female since clowns have the ability to change sex. Adding a smaller clown will likely mean it will be a male or an immature sexual juvenile making the pairing possible. Another large female in the tank and you will witness a spectacular fight to the death.

reefer4life

The already establish skunk is most likely a female since it is over 2 years old and has been in your tank for a long time. Adding another large skunk will likely cause two females to meet making it a fight to the death. Smeller skunks will probably be sexual immature juveniles or male making the pairing much easier.

ReefApprentice

Skunk clowns aren`t as aggressive as ocellaris clowns when it comes to pairing.As long as you get a smaller one everything should go smoothly.

modulok

ok, makes sense now. My skunk is roughly 2". And it is still intimidated by my Bicolor Blenny sometimes. They will have little tussles right outside the nem. I don't understand why the skunk doesn't just fully retreat so it is safe inside the nem.