Achilles

PootyTang

So there's really no rush for this, some of you may know I'm recovering from a crash, but I'm trying to think long-term to get my hopes up.

I've always wanted an Achilles tang, but my LFS says that they are notoriously hard to keep. This compounded with the fact that LiveAquaria classifies them as "expert only" makes me wonder what it is exactly that makes them so hard to keep.

What could be done to make keeping these easier? I have a 125 with just about nothing in it at this point.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
  • A) They are super susceptible to Ich
  • B) Need VERY large tanks for long-term survival
  • C) Come from VERY turbulent water and feed heavily
  • D) Are VERY aggressive especially to "Similar" body types
  • E) They are super susceptible to Ich

Even people who are "Experts" among the field often say "Leave this one in the ocean as it's hard to keep long term and such a HUGE waste".

Manuelli

i have one, i have had it for a year and a half in my opinion they are the same as a powder blue except they like lots of water movement and they are way more active too so that means more food, just make sure you pick a healthy and fat specimen that's already eating, also i heard that smaller specimens have better chances of survival then bigger ones, not quite sure what that means, but in the other hand they are just beautiful and full of personality, good luck