A Picture A Day......

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Here is a "critter" I happened upon while swimming last week in Nassau. Unfortunately I saw SEVERAL of them in a very short period of time. Sometimes 3 or 4 of them "hanging around" in the same dark area waiting to ambush passing by fish.

LionFish_zpsf70227cd.jpg

Oxylebius

And here's a picture of the lion I saw on Bonaire last spring. Unfortunately there are way too many of them out there.

Mike Johnson

Here is a "critter" I happened upon while swimming last week in Nassau. Unfortunately I saw SEVERAL of them in a very short period of time. Sometimes 3 or 4 of them "hanging around" in the same dark area waiting to ambush passing by fish.

LionFish_zpsf70227cd.jpg
I just got back from Aleuthera, Bahamas a couple hours ago. I also saw a few Lionfish. They're right out in the open, not afraid of anything. Stayed at the Malia Resort Saturday on the way home. Too bad we didn't cross paths.

Oxylebius

1 out of 3 of my wrasses survived. It stinks :mad:
You know the chin of mine is already changing over to the male's coloration, line green w/stripes instead of what you see in my photo posted of blue w/dots. It will be interesting to see the change in pattern and color happen.