A Picture A Day......

Nightfall

Not a Picture on its own...a video with music. My tanks come a long ways and wanted to share it and fact that I found a moonlight fixture to get some "blue" pictures too.

Newjack

Not a Picture on its own...a video with music. My tanks come a long ways and wanted to share it and fact that I found a moonlight fixture to get some "blue" pictures too.

is that a black phantom, Darwin or what kind of clown and how is it getting along with the ocellaris?

Nightfall

Far as I know its a black/white clown but here is what I have on it: "The Black and White Ocellaris Clownfish, also known as the Black Perc, Black Percula Clown Anemonefish, or Black and White False Percula Clown and is normally found in association with anemones on the reefs of the Coral Sea. It can be found individually, or more commonly, in pairs or small groups within the same anemone such as Heteractis magnifica or Stichodactyla mertensii. These tank bred clownfish grow to a maximum size of 3 inches in the aquarium, and may be kept singly or in groups.
The Black and White Ocellaris Clownfish is very distinctive with its jet-black body and three white stripes on each side. They are very hardy and are perfect for the novice or seasoned aquarist.

The Black and White Ocellaris Clownfish is a good candidate for a reef aquarium. If introduced to the aquarium at the same time, many varieties of tank raised clowns can be maintained together in the aquarium.

Tank bred clownfish are easy to breed in the home aquarium. The females will be the largest of the pair, and two fish will usually stay close to each other in the aquarium. These fish are egg layers and will deposit the eggs on a flat surface, and defend the eggs from other tank mates. The eggs will normally hatch in 6-11 days depending on the temperature. The fry must be reared in a separate aquarium on a diet of rotifers then baby brine shrimp.

Tank bred clownfish are omnivores, requiring both meaty foods as well as some greens in their diet. A high quality marine flake food, rich in spirulina algae, as well as freeze dried and frozen foods are readily accepted.

Approximate Purchase Size: Small: 3/4" to 1-1/4" Medium: 1-1/4" to 1-3/4"".

It gets along great with the other tank-mates, I made sure to buy one much much smaller (the ocellaris) so as it grows it will change sex to not be in competition with other. Just wish either would host in the elegance or an anemone but they touch it once and then avoid them like plague.

Iamonlyme

a7y5y7up.jpg
3u6equga.jpg

One of my blasto's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went through this whole thread and I have to say: Hats off to all of you, some very amazing pictures and moments captured by you talented individuals. I loved all the pictures and really appreciated when the names and information was posted about what I was seeing. T o a newbie like me it's very helpful info every time. Thank you to all of you and I hope one day to be able too share as you do.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
WE LOVE PICTURES...Keep 'em coming!
It's fun to share and it's even MORE AWESOME when it's helpful to others :geekin: