A light at the end of the tunnel (250 Skimmer)

FCatCH76

I contacted Pinky about my impellor issue as it started up again. Her response to me this morning is that she is sending me a new style pump that will make me happy!

This would make my holiday..I'll let everyone know and sorry if this happens to be old news.

NapTownMike

I'm having an issue with the skimmer pump also. It just doesn't produce any bubbles (even after 2 impellors). I emailed Pinky requesting a new pump. Hopefully it'll be the new improved version...

This is the first I've heard about the new pumps. Anyone have any experience with the new ones?

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. I got a database error the first time I tried to submit my post.

pocketreef

I received a second pump some months ago but It's hard to tell if it's a different one, there are no external evidences of a change (other than small grey plastic tube connector that used to be black). At least it hasn't stopped again.

I'm hoping we'll have a skimmer pump recall for all. In my dreams the new one has no noise/ heat and improves the skimmate.

cheers

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I contacted Pinky about my impellor issue as it started up again. Her response to me this morning is that she is sending me a new style pump that will make me happy!

This would make my holiday..I'll let everyone know and sorry if this happens to be old news.

Good news! Maybe they finally got the new pumps in that solve the heat & noise problems! i've heard good things from some in Europe that got these first.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
schla17.gif
250D

tnwillia

This will be great but they still need to fix the heat issue too. I hope they are getting there!

It might help if the put something like air vents along the length of the hood top above the T5 bay to add to heat eacape. It wouldn't change the look at all but would have to make a big difference.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Tom - the word I got from overseas was that it solved both noise and heat issues - if this is the same pump that was being tested over there.

tnwillia

Pump solved it all? With the hugh difference I saw taking my hood off I thought part of the heat might be hood design. I hope for everyone the pump solves it all! Thanks for the info Terry!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Pump solved it all? With the hugh difference I saw taking my hood off I thought part of the heat might be hood design. I hope for everyone the pump solves it all! Thanks for the info Terry!

That was the word I got. In fact the gent thought he might have to put the heater back in for the winter. I guess we'll sit back and wait till we get some reviews over here.

Thanks Glenn - I've been avatar searching
smilies-christmas4.gif

Nigma

i wonder if Pinky would upgrade everyones pump if they asked? or something bad has to happen for the pump to be replaced?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good question Nigma. I have a feeling if one doesn't ask they won't get one. I'm not sure if every original pump was a problem or not, but it seemed like it.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
All you folks getting the new 250 pump, let us know how it does. A picture of the pump would be great too (as well as the manufacturer).

NapTownMike - I can't remember if I ever said.......

welcome-rainbow-rotate-ag1.gif

smilies-christmas4.gif