A Grass Roots Call for the Banggais

surfzone

It has been a while since i posted here, but i feel like i should do my part in getting the word out. if this has already been posted then i'm sure you all already know about it.
I heard the talk on marine breeding by Matthew Witterrich at MACNAXX this past weekend and immediately after Eric Borneman Gave a talk on the plight of the wild Banggai Cardinals here's a link to a short write up on it all Matt Wittenrich Live

jellyman

The ORA fish that are in the local LFS have not been that good. Alot of them are not eating and pooping some white stringy stuff,

jellyman

Wow, I knew the wild ones were cheap but $3. No wonder I have 80 bangaii on hand. I have one local LFS and hopefully I will be taking them around to a couple more.

mps9506

Hopefully the government will open their eyes and place these guys on CITIES App II. soon. It is a shame what the aquarium hobby has done to the wild population of these fish.

One thing with getting these from ORA is they are constantly running out. I think the local hobbyist can really help the industry out by breeding these and saturating the market and reducing the demand for them.

surfzone

Mps, i wholeheartedly agree with you. on ORA's site they say that they are trying to increase their brood stock for these fish. they are so simple to breed there is a reason that they are called marine guppies.

Snelly40

stephen is the man with breeding bangaii's. He taught me a lot last time i was there.
On here we have at leads 4 of us know with mated pairs so hopefully we can get that growing!!!