911~~~~ Blind Fish??

Michael_Lambert

Guys... I just turned on my lights this morning... and i see my Sailfin tang jus swimming around Bumping into everything.. I mean the glass.. rocks.. sand bed.. Everything? What the hell? Anyone know what this could be?

Gina

RS STAFF
Give him some time and see if he comes around. Before we got our new lights MH and VHO, we would turn on the lights like that from total darkness and it appeared the fish were blinded. Our fish did the same thing for a few minutes. Now, our VHO comes on first then the MH. Gives the fish a chance to wake up.

Michael_Lambert

My VHO's come on first as well... then the halides slowly Turn on..

But he is just not looking right, I mean the pupels are all big and black.. and he has lost a lot of color.. more white and black now.. not the yellow that he usally is?

I will give it some more time.. and see.. But what eles could it be??

Brucey

TL ..... give us an update matey. Doesn't sound good bud, you could try turning the lights off again and see if he calms down. Alternatively, turn the room lights on before the ank lights / you may need to setup a timer to do it
Brucey

Michael_Lambert

well i don't know whats going on... But he seems to be fine now!

I mean he is not swimming around and eatting... and has most of his coloration back!

I have never seen this happen.. I mean he must have just been in a deep sleep!

Michael_Lambert

But i was just so Scary,

I mean he was just going Nuts.. racing back and forth up and down the tank running into things.. and running full force in to the tank walls..

but again.. he seems much better now!.. I'm still keeping an eye on him.

ScottT1980

Just a thought that came to mind, do you have a grounding probe? Perhaps stray voltage was just freaking him out... MAybe a salt-bridge from your lights???

Take er easy
Scott T.