60 stocking suggestions - additions

JeF4y

We're looking for another fish or two to add to the tank since we have upgraded from the 29 to the 60 (+15 or so gal in the sump/fuge).

Current stocking:

2 False Perc's
1 Spotted Mandarin

A bit of LPS & some softies. Nothing overwhelming. Will likely add a clam too pretty soon.

We are considering a fish that's a little bigger since the new tank is bigger. The Lemonpeel Angelfish are really fascinating and seem to be about the perfect size, but we want to do what is going to make sense.

I don't want a fish that's going to survive off of eating our corals, and don't want anything that will decimate the pod population which we have for the mandarin.

Any suggestions on the Angel, or any other fish with a bit more color for that matter which we could add?

Thanks.

JeF4y

Thanks for the feedback. I'll put it on the list of applicants for residence consideration =)

framerguy

Any of the dwarf angels would be a nice addition. All of them including the lemon peel can be somewhat aggressive. It is a hit and miss proposition but they usually behave. Several wrasses would fit your bill also I think. Look at the flasher wrasses such as Yellowfin, McCoskers and Filamented flashers. It sounds like you want a column swimming fish and they would do nicely.

JeF4y

Thanks for the comments! I do appreciate all of them. I know it's a hit/miss thing with fish, just wanted to hear from others who may have the experience.

Case in point! I have 4 red reef hermits that are awesome. Haven't misbehaved a tick in 6 months. We bought 3 emeralds, put 2 in the sump and 1 in the display. He was in the display for a month with no issues at all. Then when we had the tank disaster, after we rebuilt I tossed one of the emeralds up in the display and spent the next week catching him as he ate everything in sight! He's lucky my wife wouldn't let me harpoon him with a fondue fork.

Jason, I hear you on never having another tank like that again. I had seen some pics of them blowing out before but never thought much of it. Now that it happened I think a LOT more about it. Nothing other than flat wall 5 panel tanks from top manufacturers from now on. I still can't believe how incredibly lucky we were in all of it.