250 Skimmer Pump 3.0 - Now With Pictures!

Auritania

No idea if it works yet, but enough people are asking for pictures...

100_0073.jpg

100_0076.jpg

100_0077.jpg

100_0078.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Auritania - nice pictures of the new Sicce pump! The pictures of the pump and impeller on the new Italian pump should answer a lot of questions that have been asked. The pump got excellent reviews in testing overseas, and if you get the same results you should see less heat, less noise, and a finer foam with increased skimmate. Let us know!

websurfer

I would have to say im very pleased with the new pump

I have been able to turn of my chiller which has been running since day one

My tank now stays stable 77

The foam is alot better as well
you can barrley hear my tank now

thank you for the new pump

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I have been able to turn of my chiller which has been running since day one

My tank now stays stable 77

The foam is alot better as well
you can barrley hear my tank now

:woohoo:

Auritania - give it a week & please let us know how it is doing for you & best of luck !!!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Glad to hear you FINALLY got the new pump websurfer! the word I have from testers overseas is that after a couple months running the new pump is that it's still running the same - perfectly!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Tom - Thanks for answering a question that I had, but didn't ask - if the pinwheel was different. I think if they had a similar impeller on the 130 skimmers they would perform much better.

tnwillia

Terry.... when I got my Octopus HOB skimmer for my back up, the pin wheels had just come out so I bought them. Also got the original needle wheel it came with. There was a HUGE difference in bubble production between the two. The pin wheel was a big improvement. I can only guess at the big difference it will make in the 250 pump.

I'll never put the 250 skimmer back in my tank but would like to get one of the new pumps.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Tom - I think it's in your best interest to get the new pump, in case you ever sell the 250 to upgrade to a bigger tank, or for any other reason. You'd at least be giving a new owner an updated tank.

websurfer

Glad to hear you FINALLY got the new pump websurfer! the word I have from testers overseas is that after a couple months running the new pump is that it's still running the same - perfectly!

Lol yes finally

And it did slove all of my problems

Wish it could have got here sooner

Im very happy with it though
I hope everyone else can get one

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice should'nt all 250 owners get a replacement?

Would be nice

Since the original pumps and impellers were obviously faulty, I would think that would be proper, but I'm thinking that you have to request one through your customer support, and have your tank registered or at least the serial number.

pocketreef

Hello !
The new pump has arrived! At first glance the pump looks very well designed, more anatomic and slimmer.

It’s power consumption is 20W and Qmax 1900 l/h. The old pump as written is rated 55W and 1600 l/h. Auritania, your pic shows different figures, what is written on your new pump?

The new impellor has a ceramic shaft, stronger magnet and the plastic pins are thinner on a plastic base that is not longer circular.

When functioning, what a surprise, the noise level is negligent. At this moment the light fans are on and I can’t hear the skimmer.

Working for few hours and skimmate looks more consistent but for me It’s early to talk about tank temperature and performance.

It seems a killer goal from RedSea team, definitely bringing RSM250 tank to a new standard.

Some pics:

IMG_7660.jpg

IMG_7661.jpg

IMG_7662.jpg

IMG_7664.jpg

IMG_7668.jpg

I will update with more impressions later. Happy 2010!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks for the post and pictures pocketreef! it looks like the upgrade pumps are not all grey - good to know. Good luck with the "250D" tank! Based on all I've heard the new Sicce pump will make you happy and keep you happy with the improved tank!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
+1 Thanks for the post and pictures pocketreef! it looks like the upgrade pumps are not all grey - good to know. Good luck with the "250D" tank! Based on all I've heard the new Sicce pump will make you happy and keep you happy with the improved tank!

Will 2010 bring me a rsm 250, with a stock skimmer that works well, is quite and does not require a chiller and has t5 lights that support more coral & 64 gals - starting to seem like not so much a dream any more, but a real possibility :) :woohoo:

tnwillia

Pocketreef.... thanks for the great side by side pictures. Looks like Red Sea really wants to get it's customers back!

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Great post people. I think i'll make some enquiries about getting mine replaced as well. Not sure if they are available in Australia yet but I will contact the importers.

Glenn - You know you want one now :yup: