2 ID's please Anemone and Lobo?

dragonladylea

Need Ids on these two, bought the anemone as a BTA but I'm not to sure it is, its white with a reddish brown foot and the clown is approx 3 inches. The other pic was a hitchhiker and I think its some kind of brain maybe a lobo? any ideas??

ClownandAnemone.jpg

Lobo.jpg

blue_eyes53813

wow the clown sure loves the anemone.. The anemone looks like a sebae to me... The coral looks like a blastomussa (blasto)

Snelly40

haha great clown pic, could be a sebae, kinda hard to tell with that lighting but great pic
congrats on the new additions

BoomerD

Bad pic...need a better one to positively id the anemone, but it looks VERY badly bleached...the coral does look like a brain.

BoomerD

Still not a great picture. Does look more like a sebae than a BTA. Bleaching, is when the anemone expels it's zooxanthelle algaes. (usually because of stress) Sometimes they can "re-grow" their zooxanthella, but it takes quite a while, even under the most ideal conditions.
http://www.carlosreef.com/AnemoneFAQ.pdf
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marine/inverts/cnidaria/anthozoa/heteraccrispa.htm

How about more tank info for us? water parameters, lighting, filtration, etc...If it IS indeed a sebae, it needs EXTREMELY good (metal halide or multiple T-5's ) lighting to survive long term...

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
It doesn't appear to be either a BTA or Sebae...does it have purple tips ?
It appears to me to be an LTA but the pic isn't very clear, the other one appears to be a Lobophyllia.

hitchhiker

Very cool !

dragonladylea

Okay as far as lighting goes I have 14k 175MH on the tank approx 7-8 hrs and I supplement a standard pc atinic for an hour prior to and after the MH.
All my water paras are fine except I'm a tad lower than I want to be on my Mag and a little high on my Nitrates 10-15ppm. Anemone was this way when purchased (Hubby bought it I wasnt there - he's the impulse buyer, I do all the research and care of the tank). Here is a pic of where the anemone moved to and this is where it has stayed. For that matter all of my BTA's are under "ledges" of some sort, only anemone in the light is a Rock anemone who has taken my prime SPS real-estate at the top of my tank (trying to get him to move).

Not purple tips - but looks like the tips are "tanning-up".

Yep the "Lobo" was a hitchhiker and too small to get a good pic up until now, had it for over a year.

Fullshotfront.jpg

Vanquish

Sorry dragonladylea, I'm gonna add on the confusion to say that the 2nd pic is a symphylla... the 1st one is a bleached anemone alright... :)

illcssd

I know its an old thread but what you have there is a bleached e. quadricolor. aka bta. With the proper light and regular feedings of small bits of seafood it will recover its color.