14g Biocube my first reef tank!!

Test the pre-mixed LFS water..
I have heard horror stories about people using LFS water..

I highly recommend buying a nice RO/DI.. That is the second most important item in Reefkeeping IMO (1st being a good skimmer)
Spectrapure (If you can afford it)
The Filter Guys (Good units, decent price)
Bulk Reef Supply

oh... and be patient

bskinn77

Have not updated in a little while since last update I have picked up a Frogspawn and a Firefish both are doing great here are some pics!

photo.jpg

photo%282%29.jpg

photo%283%29.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture quality they were taken with my phone.

bskinn77

ok so ihave added some zoas mushrooms button polyps and a fire shrimp I'll put up some pictures later today when I leave work

bskinn77

So here are the pics they are kinda crappy also the zoos and polyps are just some stragglers from a friends tank

fishys%20020.jpg

fishys%20033.jpg

fishys%20035.jpg

fishys%20032.jpg

better pictures to come soon promise :p

bskinn77

Ok so here are some updates I moved rocks around a tiny bit and re arranged the few corals I have lol

Before

photo.jpg

After

reef%20tank%20037.jpg

From the Top

reef%20tank%20039.jpg

and my 2 little guys posing for the camera

reef%20tank%20001.jpg

And last if anyone can ID this its on a part of this rock

reef%20tank%20030.jpg

Shermy

Your tank is looking great and I love that shot of the firefish, it looks like he is up to something.

bskinn77

thank you shermy and ya his eyes do look like he is being sneaky probably trying to jump into the back of the tank again

agentfive

It is looking great. We're venturing out today to get some live rock after setting stuff up.

You mentioned your salinity readings being different in different location taking with the dip hydromter in the tank. How did you fix this?

We get some readings dead on 1.022-24 and then some higher and then some through the roof.

the stuff on that rock or coral.. cant tell is red slime.. id take it out if its a rock and throw it away.. or get a red slime remover of some sorts.. or just turn your lights off and cover the outside of your tank for 3 days... i got it in my 29g biocube and it took off, covering the whole tank in a matter of weeks.. then it took 3 days to get rid of using chemiclean red slime remover!

looking good tho, id get a protein skimmer, the biocube one.. and then some bioballs or live rock for chamber 2.. and a carbon bag..

what kind of test kit are you using?

oh and if you need coral, i got TONS of it, i have xenia, zoos, anything you want for cheap and free of disease and parasites.. pm me
im located in atlanta ga

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Don't know how I missed this chronicle. I'm a graduate of USF. Got my bachelors in biology there! Time for an update!

bskinn77

Don't know how I missed this chronicle. I'm a graduate of USF. Got my bachelors in biology there! Time for an update!

Hahah ya ill get yall updated tomorrow since you want one I am actually about to switch my major over to Biology at USF. Did you go any further past your bachelors Dentoid? I have been thinking about going to grad school for Marine Biology.

bskinn77

Is this an SPS ? it came with my rock and I have never really thought about it ?

Attachments

• P5220009.JPG
    P5220009.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 57

bskinn77

P5220005.JPG

Anyone Id this snail in my tank? there are 3 of them and they seemed to all be born in my tank They have grown from tiny tiny little guys to pretty decent size now. It is right inbetween and above the 2 zoas his shell looks like a pyramid.