Search results

1. T

Red Sea Max 250 Replacement Pumps

I have the 250C and just changed my pumps to Eheim Compact 3000, replaced the hoses with new 16mm (5/8"?) and they stretched over the 19mm (3/4"?) without to much pushing. The LFS sold me the Aqua One tubing over the Eheim tubing cause it stretched easier. The new eheim pumps have made the tank...
  2. T

Red Sea Max 250 Replacement Pumps

I would be interested too, thinking of changing both pumps to the Eheim Compact 3000 as well help bring the noise and heat down a little. I will be removing the dedicated chiller pump I have too and plumbing in the chiller on the return
  3. T

RSM 250 Sump/refugium any idea ? Need one..

I wonder if our tanks have a film on the outside of the back of the tank that a small section can be cut and peeled off to add a magnetic LED light to have a in sump mini refugium.
  4. T

RSM C130 with LED ? Any experiences?

I upgraded my C250 with the Steves LED drop in kit, love it. Didn't take long to change out the lights either.
  5. T

One year aniversary

The tanks looks great! Congrats. My tank turned one a couple of days ago too
  6. T

1st Birthday

Thanks guys, so much has gone on with the tank that was quite distressing but a lot has been learnt which makes the one year mark so much sweeter!
  7. T

Hitchhiker ID help

I have no idea what they are, they looked like eggs and are not moving... Had to google those two things you mentioned Oxylebius and they seem harmless so I shouldn't be worried or look to scrape it off at this point?
  8. T

1st Birthday

9. T

1st Birthday

Today marks one year for my RSM250C, have learned a lot, loved every minute of it and very much enjoyed the tank.
  10. T

Hitchhiker ID help

Hoping to get help IDing potential hitchhikers on a coral I picked up yesterday.
  11. T

RSM C250 Replacement pumps

Love the illustration on the pictures oxylebius. Inspires me to do this swap and remove the dedicated chiller pump
  12. T

Tank Journey

The urchin hitchhiker I have lives up to its name
  13. T

Tank Journey

I knew it would be costly to start up but never anticipated how much this costs, luckily my wife likes pretty things so most of the livestock shopping includes her! I love the tank, it's in my lounge room and I watch it far more than I watch the TV.
  14. T

Tank Journey

15. T

Tank Journey

I started my first fish tank in August last year and plunged into the deep end with a mixed reef in a RSM C250. The tank has been through a lot with plenty learnt over the past 10 months. The journey has included 6 clownfish fighting, white spot after getting a blue tang, the boss yellow tang...
  16. T

Steves LEDs - Settings Help

Thanks Jeff, the Bluefish controller App still shows six colours/channels rather than the blue and white colours/channels. Should I be loading a Steves LEDs profile onto the app or do I adjust all the channels evenly? This is a shot of the channels in my app.
  17. T

Thanks Jeff, so in the bluefish controller, does the light blue, red, green and purple colours control anything or just white and blue? If it just controls white and blue do I only need to adjust a couple of the colours or all? I think the acclimation guide is based on the typhoon controller...
  18. T

Thanks NickF, I'm thinking I'll get them to the final intensity then start playing around with the colours from there. Also was thinking of spreading the increase by a percent a day/or two rather than 5% per week, thinking it'll be more gradual?
  19. T

Afrederick, thanks. No tank thread for me, this is my first tank and I had my hands full going through all the ups and downs, would have been great to have one to document all the things I have gone through. Here are a couple photos from tonight after dosing Red Sea Reef Energy
  20. T

Auto Feeder for RSM250 with hood

The Ehiem auto feeder platform can be mounted to most styles I think, the attachment can be mounted to a vertical or horizontal section with a turn of the attachment. The chute also sits under the water surface so less pellets go straight into the sump