Search results

1. T

Frogspawn not expanding just turning to limp bulbs

Hey I'm not sure what to do about my frogspawn. Had a power outage and lost about 30 gallons of water. Replaced it with boiled tap water. Lost my job so I'm stuck with no money to invest. Got some quality salt and the salinity went up more then expected from my refractometer to 26 possibly...
  2. T

What is this on my stardust?

It looks like little frogspawn or something has sprouted from my new starburst! Possible? What is it? Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
  3. T

What kind of mushroom did I get and is it doing OK?

I got some mushrooms the other day and since I got them it looks like the mushrooms are shriveling up. No idea why this is happening but also I know nothing so maybe this is normal? I tried putting them in different lighting and flow conditions but don't see much improvement at all. Water...
  4. T

Found a worm in substrate! Good or bad?

Found this worm suddenly this morning! I got a couple corals last week and some dry rock i think maybe it came in with them? Reason to be alarmed?
  5. T

can you... (total noob questions!)

A few questions I wanted to ask. Not saying I am doing any of these, but they came across my mind as questions to ask.. - Can you feed the fish bugs you find around the house? If my kids see an ant, or a small spider in the house, can I throw it in the aquarium for the fish? Or is it bad...
  6. T

live rock from LFS has this algae.. is it a cause for concern?

this algae started growing, 3 varieties: 1) strong green 2) blackish spots 3) little hair-like algae all on the same rock, which was live rock in a tank at LFS sitting for 6+ months...
  7. T

my 100g+ tank thread!! including lots of pics! Just getting started!

Hey all so I'm including some pics finally.. 100g+ tank, with 27kg of reef rocks that were dry, and yesterday I bought 2kg of 'live rock' that was sitting in a tank for 6+ months at the store. I also bought 3 fish. 2 Damsels and 1 clown. Help me correctly identify them please, and let me know...
  8. T

got my 100g running for a week... just did my first tests, how am I doing?

hey guys, I got 100 gallon tank, 27KG of live rock, quality sand about 4cm thick with salt water .24 which is excellent (using a refractometer its awesome), PH is about 8.1, Alk 3ish... Now the 3 big ones... NH - Ammonia about 0.5ish NO2 - Nitrite - about 0.2-0.3.5 NO3 - Nitrate -...
  9. T

hey! new to salt water... got a 100g tank! lol

hey all! I got my tank last week, and I was researching my filteration options, and I found santa monica talking about his algae scrubbers and I knew thats the ticket to a cheaper long term system for me! So I'm registering here as my homebase. I will post some pics a little later on...