Search results

1. F

Substrate replacement. Old Tank Syndrome

It is a 90 gallong with 40 gallon sump. 115g total water volume estimated.
  2. F

Substrate replacement. Old Tank Syndrome

Well the substrate in this tank has been around since 1998. This is the last thing in a quest to find my nitrate/phosphate factory. Now what my plan was to do is to remove all but maybe a 1/4 inch of its current substrate then add a inch over that. Reasoning is that the old will seed the new...
  3. F

Old Live Rock

Oh. Hmm for some reason I thought gobies cleaned all the bad stuff out of it. Thanks.
  4. F

Old Live Rock

So about a month or so ago i got my 90 gallon tank 110ish volume with sump. I am the 3rd owner of this tank. It was originally setup in the 90s and has had the same sand bed and live rock since then. Now the Goby i have has moved like 80% of the sand not sure if that matters or not. But my...
  5. F

Someone in need of help.

This is the fundraiser link.
  6. F

Someone in need of help.

Good Morning everyone. I hope I am not breaking any rules by posting this here but a member of my local club(Baltimore Saltwater Fish Club) posted the following to our page and decided we needed to do something about it. This is what Joe posted. " was at Kennedy Krieger Institute yesterday...
  7. F

Sump/filter sock question.

So on the sump I have for my 90 display it has a holder for 2 filter socks. Now the sump is a trigger system 36 ruby. It also has a input for the fuge but does not have a filter sock holder. Now my over flow has 2 outputs but I have one off. I would like to have it plugged into my fuge so I can...
  8. F

RS Members Full Tank Shots

New 90 gallon I got from a friend. Apparently this tank has been running since the late 90s. Had no idea until today. I am the 3rd owner. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  9. F

It's good bye old RSM 130. =(

Bit of an update. I will need to create a new build thread but here it is. 90 has been up for over a week now. Getting the Cyano issues out of the way. Here are a few pics. More to come. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  10. F

Well it is now up and running. I will need to start a new thread for this build but here's a early pic before I move everything over from the RSM Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  11. F

Sounds good. The substrate is pretty clean looking with the huge goby that has been living in the tank. The move has already started. I just move 70 pounds of LR to my house. The rest will be moved tomorrow. Going to be a long day...
  12. F

I am going to have to keep the substrate for now since i cannot afford to replace that much at the moment. What did you rinse your sand with?
  13. F

Well the time has come for my RSM 130 to leave me. A buddy of mine is leaving the hobby and passing me down his 90 Gallon reef. I do not have room for both tanks nor afford both of them. I was looking for advice for the move. I will be moving it from about a hour away. It was a bad timing...
  14. F

Fizzle's desktop pico

Thanks guy. I have almost no algae at all. My rock that started dead is now picking up some color which is nice. I am going to pick up a farret water bottle today to see about making a gravity OTA to keep the Salinity stable. Wish my main tank was as clean looking as this one. I think going...
  15. F

Fizzle's desktop pico

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  16. F

Fizzle's desktop pico

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  17. F

Fizzle's desktop pico

Update. I know it has been awhile. I have been super busy with a job promotion and haven't had much spare time. Since I am also a bit tight on money I am using coral from my main track as well. I have been battling with salinity swings. I don't have an ATO so I keep a gallon of water near and...
  18. F

Fizzle's desktop pico

Here is a updated pic. Small mushroom doing pretty well. I may add one or two more. Worried about them taking over though. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  19. F

Fizzle's desktop pico

Update (5/1/14): Decided to wait to do a WC to see how it tests the next day. I also added filter floss and carbon to the AC50. I tested this morning and Ammonia has dropped. It isn't 0 but lower than yesterday. Hard to tell with the API kits. Nitrates are close to 0 as well. I am...
  20. F

Fizzle's desktop pico

After some research the best course of action to reduce my Ammonia is going to be frequent water changes for the next few days.