Search results

1. G

Microbubbles

It is with caution that I report the problem is solved. Was scheduled to go to the LFS today to pick up a bubble anemone and I phoned ahead to say I was coming and had a big problem and would need time to ask questions. So when we got there, Lolly, my advisor, asked every single member of staff...
  2. G

Microbubbles

Okay, thanks, chaps. I think I'll try to make contact with Kent Marine tomorrow. I've not had the skimmer on, really, because of this, so I think it must be in the pump. I placed the tank in the corner of the room, to be most stable, but I wish I'd spent more time examining the apparatus before...
  3. G

Microbubbles

Yes, I've had all the filtration media out whilst the tank has been running. It's a Kent Marine Bio Reef 94 litre. I've cleaned everything and taken bits out and run it every which way I can think! What I can't understand is why the first two chambers have the same water levels as the tank...
  4. G

Microbubbles

Since before Christmas, I've had a problem with microbubbles, and I'm at my wit's end trying to fix it. I was up until five o'clock in the morning last night, trying to sort it out. I'm going to be fairly thorough in what I've been doing and what I've observed. As a novice, I have no idea how...
  5. G

Kate's Reef Adventure

Hi guys, First of all, I hope you all had a great Christmas and wish you a happy and healthy 2014 for you and your wet pets. Went to the LFS today with my brother, who is over from China for the holidays, and he bought me my Christmas present :D. He's a very lovely brother, and we came...
  6. G

Kate's Reef Adventure

They're not very imaginative names, but I've sort of gone with that as a theme - it helps me to remember to check up on all of them on a daily basis. Of course, with the hermits, I'm going to be in a pickle when they start swapping shells!
  7. G

Kate's Reef Adventure

Done! Made that rookie mistake of putting in my own HTML whist using a tool - something I constantly remind my users not to do on the site I moderate! Embarrassed. Glad you enjoyed the vid, though - I took it originally for my brother, but You Tube doesn't work in China, where he lives, so I...
  8. G

Kate's Reef Adventure

My problem is getting to them without disturbing other things - mostly the toadstool - they're right down the back and I couldn't get to them without moving rocks. Hah, it might be 'hillbilly' in the US, but in the UK, it's 'really cool'.
  9. G

Kate's Reef Adventure

I know I did have bristle worms, but I haven't seen any in ages - do they really clean up that quickly? The day before it disappeared, it was so very active - almost constantly about and making him place in the tank. Thanks for the naming of the coral - I did have it on a card, but it got...
  10. G

Kate's Reef Adventure

Sorry to have been absent for so long. Everything's been going pretty well. Two weeks after I got my clowns I got a toadstool and a rock of zoas and a very active, flower-like coral I cannot recall the name of. Two weeks ago, I bought a Royal Gramma, who took to a nook between the back of the...
  11. G

Kate's Reef Adventure

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to feeding time tomorrow. Gasturpineguy, you made me recall a childhood memory where our tropical fish would follow the food can from one end of the tank to the other, if you waved it across. My parents have a rather large pond that used to be well stocked...
  12. G

Kate's Reef Adventure

I picked up my pair of beautiful clowns (Eric(a) and Ernie) today. They seemed to have settled in very well. For the first couple of hours, they stuck within inches of each other, exploring the tank together, but later, they seemed to become more confident and even playing a bit in the water...
  13. G

Kate's Reef Adventure

Woke up this morning to find the biggest aiptasia nibbled to a stump. Tonight I tried to stay up to catch him in action, but got distracted by an episode of Downton Abbey and on my next inspection, the only other sizable one was gone. Minty is earning his keep! He's also moulted. Found a...
  14. G

Kate's Reef Adventure

Back to the LFS today. Good news: my tank chemistry is ready for fish! I didn't get any today because they didn't have a pair of clowns in stock, but they're getting more in during the week and expecting me to pick them up next Saturday. I did get my peppermint, and three turbo snails, plus...
  15. G

Kate's Reef Adventure

My shrimp was standing next to the exo and my first though was that it was an evil hitchhiker about to eat my shrimp! It was swaying in the water jets like it was alive and that see through head is quite disturbing if you've never seen it before. Of course, logically, I wondered how such a large...
  16. G

Kate's Reef Adventure

Should I take the exo out, or will the break down be beneficial? Thank you, every one for your encouragement. I'm having such fun!
  17. G

Kate's Reef Adventure

It's one big adventure.
  18. G

Kate's Reef Adventure

How cool. Who could ever tire of this? Thank you for your clarification.
  19. G

Kate's Reef Adventure

Aww, thanks, Kyle. I will definitely check out your thread. I'm so glad I discovered this site before I really got started. I don't know if I should say this, but my brother gave me money for my tank because I've not been very well for a long time and he thought it might give me a purpose while...
  20. G

Kate's Reef Adventure

Thank you for being so encouraging and welcoming. Great video and what a beautiful tank!