Search results

1. brackish10

cycle for upgrade?

I am moving soon and i happened across a 25g tank that holds water at a garage sale. Now that ive tested it, i want to set it up once i get moved into the new place (in less than a month). my question is, could i feasibly line it with live sand, then add some live rock from my lfs and add my own...
  2. brackish10

small white spirils on glass and black wall

the title says it. im just wondering what they are. they seem immobile, varying in size but not larger than 1/16th of an inch. most are around 1/32 of an inch. it started with a few about a 2 months ago, but now my back wall is almost 1/3 these white spirils. are they harmful? should i do...
  3. brackish10

help. my condy anemone wont eat

i got it a couple weeks ago. i gave it a few days to get used to the new tank. i feed it frozen silver sides because i was told that's what was Fed at the store. it grabbed a whole one, put it in its mouth for a minute, then basically spat it it and left it alone. so a couple days later, i tried...
  4. brackish10

Ugly tank syndrome

My reef is about 6 months along and going through uts... I use ro water mixed with io reef crystals. 2x a week water changes (10% each). heres pictures. any suggestions? my water params are perfect.
  5. brackish10

pod factory?

i have an overall system volume of 6.5g. 1g is the refugium. i have cheato in 2/3s of it and rock rubble in the rest. could that produce enough pods to sustain my 1fancy perc clown?
  6. brackish10

nuklear palys have bubble over mouth?

the title ise best description i can give. heres a crappy cell phone pic. my question is, what causes it? should i be stressing?
  7. brackish10

bubbles on rock

is this amount of bubbles on my lr normal? it seems to happen every day in the late afternoon. and in the spot that is most under direct light. or could it be attributed to the brown algea that is on my rocks? Also, my tank is outlined in my signature, would it be ok to add an algea feeder...
  8. brackish10

new light upgrade to finnex ray 2 50/50?

Im looking to upgrade my lighting again. This caught my eye on amazon. customer comments seem to appeal, but they can be faked. it is listed as having 10000k/Actinic Dual LED Strips over 15 Watts: 144 HO LEDs would this be sufficient for lps and maybe sps in the future? i use a similar...
  9. brackish10

zoa id please

Ive had these for some time... can i get an id or get pointed in the general direction? they have an orange mouth, dark red "body" ring, a thin neon blue line ring, and then a neon orange skirt.
  10. brackish10

water change amount

ok, i have a fluval spec v. the build thread is herehttp://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/86946-joshs-5g-pico-flual-spec-v-4.html#post1209383. i have been doing 20% a week using reef crystals salt. i do 2 10% changes one on thursday, one on monday.i do not dose anything, but i just...
  11. brackish10

howd they do it?

i was at a lfs and saw a 10g display tank of theirs with 2 clowns and a pink tip nem. they were running a small (2" by 3") led light and a marineland biowheel filter. and one small powerhead. that was it. no fuge, no macro in the dt, and only like 3 snails. it was crystal clear with some...
  12. brackish10

trumpet with zoas!!!

was browsing on live aquaria and saw this. do want!!!
  13. brackish10

red slime or pink coralline?

he algea seems to have more of a pink tint and isnt growing in "dead" spots, but is instead growing in high flow areas on my tank wall, substrate, rocks and even on the soap dish that holds my cheato. i dont know wether to stress i as red slime or be elated that its coralline.
  14. brackish10

can u put a refugium on a brackish tank?

can u put a HOB refugium on a brackish tank? what algeas could i put in it?
  15. brackish10

brackish tank algea issue

i have a 10g brackish tank and have been battleing a reoccurring algea (green) for the last 2 weeks. Ive been scraping and doing water changes often. ive removed all the decor and gave it a tap-water bath and let it dry. But the algea just wont go away. my 3 nerite snails cant even keep up with...
  16. brackish10

green nuke palys not opening

they haven't moved from a few days ago and now they haven't opened in 2 days. my gsp is opening more and more each day though. what could be the cause of the unopened nukes? my other zoas are opened.
  17. brackish10

10g converting from brackish to fowler

i have a 10g brackish tank. "standard" cheap $50 10g fresh setup. 1 10-15g power filter, 1 50w heater, 2 sponge filters. stock lighting (2 15w incandescent lighting hood) sand and a small amount of crushed coral. My current sg is 1.012-1.014. It is slightly over stockedwith3 knight gobys, 1...
  18. brackish10

red worm?

it could be a bristle worm, but are there other worm like hitchhikers that are very small thin, about 1/4 - 1/2 in long, and roam rocks like centipedes? will it harm my zoas/palys? or lps when i get it? i couldnt snap a picture because it moved too quick
  19. brackish10

lps in a pico?

I'm about to upgrade my lighting to a par38, its got me thinking, could i keep a frogspawn or a hammer in my 5g without needing a doser? would the 2-3 water changes a week (using io reef crystals salt) be enough to keep calcium levels where they should be?
  20. brackish10

noob question about coral plugs

are frag plugsmade from rock our lr? will the plugs eventually turn into lr or should i transfer my zoas onto my rocks?