Search results

1. Akshay

What are these?

They have been there for a while now. Very hardy, have lived through my tank crash and as you can see no problem with the algae. Seem like some kind of cloves or similar.... would be nice if someone cld ID them.
  2. Akshay

Aks reef

So finally fed up of trying to host sps in my main tank, have decided to convert my fish only to a sps bare bottom tank. Reasons : Lots of softies Big leathers PO4...now under control but old rocks might leach PO4.. Algae...control measures on, but it's gonna take a lot more time.. First...
  3. Akshay

Skimmer question

Am looking to buy a new skimmer, but have a problem with my sump. I have a total clearance of 24.5", so there are quiet a few models meeting that requirement. However the water level in my sump is 12". How important is this going to be to adjust the skimmer? Most RO skimmers that I liked...
  4. Akshay

Copperband Butterfly

Guys HELP. Copperband Butterfly feeding! Have tried shrimp, baby shrimp, clams, mysis, flakes, gel, pellets etc... even a stone with aiptisia... can't get him to bite. Though the shrimp bits from yesterday seem to have disappeared today morning.... but cannot be sure of this, as have not...
  5. Akshay

Reef Video : 18mins of 3 diff dives @ Maldives

This is a video of 3 different dives in the Maldives. Shot at Kandooma Thila, Omadhoo Thila, Broken Rock. Lots and lots of marine life...from clowns to huge shoals of banners to turtles to all sorts of coral & inverts... Hope it inspires us to recreate some of this beauty in our tanks as...
  6. Akshay

Hawksbill Turtle

Hawksbill Turtle devouring some shrooms :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFbYDN5gjok
  7. Akshay

Night Dive

Lionfish & a blotched Stongray... Maldives.... enjoy :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1j9UYIHvL8
  8. Akshay

Shark Video

http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/akshay_wadke/media/P1110464_zps7663a820.mp4.html
  9. Akshay

DIY Protein Skimmer

Starting a DIY Protein Skimmer project. My sump has a height of 24" and most "good" skimmers are around that or just a few inches more , so I thought this isn't really rocket science so why not give it a go. Here are the initial plans. Using 5mm acrylic tubes & plates are 5mm & 10mm. These...
  10. Akshay

Bubble Monster..what to do?

My bubble has been growing & has not stopped! Can these be fragged or how can I contain it from growing. I have already moved an anemone & a couple of corals around it, have also stopped feeding it...and have reduced feeding my fish too. When I got it... and now in all its...
  11. Akshay

Clownfish eggs!!!!!!!

My clownfish (perculas) laid eggs today. Any and every help & advice appreciated on what to do, how to care, hatch eggs & raise the lil ones. If anyone has done this before and has pics, then pls put em out so can gauge on what I am to do. The plan that I have so far is : Monitor 7-10 days...
  12. Akshay

Colony of feather dusters!

Just noticed this colony of feather dusters growing on one of the rocks. They're very tiny & delicate and on one of the lower rocks, so no chance to study them or their tubes. Tubes dont look calcified though. Any clue what sps these are?
  13. Akshay

HELP! Torch polyp leaving the skeleton head..

My torch is leaving the skeleton on one of the heads (It has 3 heads). All the polyps, including the one that has left the skeleton are opening up completely. In full lights it infact covers the skeleton aswell, but when lights are low, it is very clear that it has left the skeleton (its...