Search results

1. Snappy

new pix - old corals

Just in case you're not sick of me yet here's a little more sps eye candy.
  2. Snappy

recent reflective side shots

I was taking a few pictures the other day and thought I'd share these. R H top view L H top view
  3. Snappy

new trigger

This fish seems to change color every time it turns around. I am "trigger happy" at the moment.
  4. Snappy

brown out & colour in

Here's a coral that's had an interesting transition over the past year.:snshne: I bought it from a reefer who felt it just wasn't nice enough for his tank. :doh: I think I got the better deal. Nov 06 Feb 07 Apr 07 June 07 Nov 07
  5. Snappy

top down colour

No fancy corals, just some run of the mill stuff but it's interesting the colour difference there is from a straight on view vs top down. Here is a reflective shot that gives an example of that point.
  6. Snappy

some recent reef pics

Here's a bunch of random shots from my reef. ''Tanks'' for lookin'.
  7. Snappy

OT: karma

What happened to all my Karma? I used to have a button I picked up in Berkley back in the 70's '' my karma ran over my dogma''. Is that what happened here?:doh:
  8. Snappy

reef in reflection

Just thought I'd throw in an update of my little glass box. R/H side view
  9. Snappy

anenome

Check out the crazy colour morph on my GBTA. It recently started to flouress from the tenticle's base. I am not sure why it happened but I am sure I like it.
  10. Snappy

GBTA macro

Here's a photo of my GBTA that I have had for about 2 years. It has been very cooperative and stayed in the same spot. My previous one was a RBTA and it decide it liked to go for walks and damaged a lot of coral in the proccess.
  11. Snappy

My "reef" habit

Been a while since I posted so I thought I'd show a full frontal shot of my tank for a change. I'm not sure I have ever shown it here. As you can see it's getting a bit crowed.:smirk: Thanks for looking.
  12. Snappy

Snappy's Reef

I don't have my whole story here but this link showcases my tank and a little bit of my reef's history. It was just selected as Canreef Aquatics' "Featured Tank Of The Month" for May 2007. Hopefully you will enjoy it.:snshne: Canreef Tank of the Month
  13. Snappy

mousepad arrived

I got my very cool, one of a kind mousepad today and wanted to express my gratitude and say thank you to Doni and Reef Sanctuary. It's very cool. Thanks also to those of you who liked my picture and gave it the nod.
  14. Snappy

stylos....let's play show & tell

Here is one of mine. I call it my "Rainbow Stylo". It can't decide what color it wants to be.
  15. Snappy

star fish

I never used to be able to keep these things. Well it's been about a year since I last tried but they always seemed to disintigrate within a week or two. I've had this bad boy for a few months and it's is doing well. It came in stuck to the bottom of a coral mount I bought from my LFS so it was...
  16. Snappy

Deep Water Acros-got em'?-let's see em'

I think deep water acro's are some of the most under rated sps pieces in our reef's. I'm interested in seeing what others have cause I kind of like them, so if you have any let's see some. Here is a shot of my oh so fragile A Jacquelineae. Nothing fancy but I think the growth forms are kind of...
  17. Snappy

congrats to Raf

Just thought I'd let you guys know that Raf won the recent "photo of the Month" contest on the Canreef Aquatics site in Canada. Here is the link.:snshne: March POTM Winner is Raf!! - Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board
  18. Snappy

best guess?

My guess for this piece is Acropora Desalwii. (Veron <Corals of the world> pgs 370/371) Anybody out there have any better guesses? Maybe even A granulosa? I have been trying to create an inventory of my sps and this is one I'm stuck on. Any educated guess work would be appreciated. I know...
  19. Snappy

Snappy-shots

Thought I'd post a few pictures for no particular reason other than I had a few handy and I love seeing Reef Tank photos and hope you do too.:snshne: Oh reading another post I see it asks that I mention the camera used. I'm no camera buff so nothing fancy, just a Sony cybershot (8.1 MP) pocket...
  20. Snappy

ID please

Anybody out there know what type of acro this is?