Search results

1. aphawkins

My 6 gallon Fluval Edge build

Yep set up usually as a freshwater/tropical. All I did was added a powerhead for movement. Removed all the media and went with chemi pure elite. And upgraded the light to a Kessil 150w in ocean blue. However I broke that tank down and went bigger...lol guy that bought it is going to put zoas...
  2. aphawkins

Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. aphawkins

So still the same reef...just more...water, sand, coral, lighting...all that moved over plus added way more coral and some more rock...another powerhead...two hob filters for flow and media...bigger heater. So good news...moved up and not going bigger found the perfect medium. :) Sent from my...
  4. aphawkins

Well there is good and bad news...bad news is...the 6g just got all filled up. It has now been moved to the mancave where it has two damsels and some fake plants my wife wanted. However it's been replaced by this.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. aphawkins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. aphawkins

Ended up with a Kessil A150W. Just hung over the top with the top of the Edge cut out. Works good...grows anything. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. aphawkins

It's been quite the process. Have been looking back at the thread...changed lights like 4 times lol. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. aphawkins

Thanks! Appreciate it! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. aphawkins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. aphawkins

Sorry for the month long response haven't been on here. No skimmer at all. Took mine overnight to clear all up. If you run into questions just let me know and I'll try to help how I can :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. aphawkins

Lol yeah that's actually my next step. Just deciding what lights to get for the frag tank. I've been looking at 20 longs but have a 10 gallon that I thought might work pretty well too. Going to need to make a decision quick though...coral in this one is growing fast! Thanks for the compliment as...
  12. aphawkins

Thank you very much! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. aphawkins

Thanks it's been a process! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. aphawkins

Thank you :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. aphawkins

Thanks! Pretty sure I have officially run out of room. :) keep thinking I can fit more coral...but I think I'm going to shut down coral purchases for a bit...maybe. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. aphawkins

Little bit cleaner shot of the current state :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. aphawkins

Thanks! It pretty much runs itself at this point. Been such a fun tank to work with once you get used to moving around inside there. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. aphawkins

Ok better put another update...pretty well Filled up! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. aphawkins

My first SW Tank - Fluval Edge 6 Gallon

Not at all. Does run it a bit hotter but doesn't seem to be effecting anything. My sps are growing like crazy...hasn't bleached anything out or had any adverse effects that I can see. So that's always good!!