Search results

1. jimv

Jim's RSM 250

I think my tank needs some pruning. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  2. jimv

Hermit Crab ID

I have him in a temporary tank. Just wondering what type of Crab this is and what it eats. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  3. jimv

Help with new frag ID

I have had lots if growth on what we think is a Monti. Now that it is bigger can we confirm? Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  4. jimv

Jim's RSM 250

I have not posted in a while. Here is an updated pic of my tank. Lots of growth! Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  5. jimv

Steve's led's with BTA

Maybe the photo period is to short? I just wondered what others were doing. All the coral looks great. And so does the bta it's just not bubbles.
  6. jimv

Steve's led's with BTA

I have a BTA with elongated tentacles. I have been reading that this is due to them reaching light or reaching for food. My clowns host with the anemone and I hand feed it once a week. I was wondering if anyone had a Bubbled up BTA with Steve's LED's and what you had your light cycle set to. I...
  7. jimv

Jim's RSM 250

Just some updated pics.
  8. jimv

Clownfish hosting with anemone

I am am enjoying it now that the nem is doing well and fish are hosting with it. So far I've been lucky and it has not moved from where I placed it on the first day I brought it home. I have been debating taking the foam off of my mp10 but I'm sure if I remove it the nem will move and get sucked in.
  9. jimv

New cole tang with growth?

Thanks for the help. I took it back to the LFS and they swapped it out. I also dropped another $120 on coral. I need to stay out of that place.
  10. jimv

Thanks for the info. That looks just like them. Most of what I can find on anchor worms had to do with gold fish. Have you used these treatments in fish before?
  11. jimv

I hope so too. I have learned the hard way about not using a QT before putting a fish in my display. I called the LFS and they will swap him out bit the store is an hour away. It's a not so local fish store and I'm not sure when I can get there.
  12. jimv

Yes, I noticed it when I put him in my QT tank
  13. jimv

https://vimeo.com/115940740 Short video. It's actually an issue in three places.
  14. jimv

I picked up a cole tang from the LFS and found a couple of growths. Can you please help ID and suggest treatment? This one is on his tail: This is on his side: Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. jimv

Help with new frag ID

Picked up a few frags from the LFS and could use some help with the ID. Some type of birds nest? Some type of acro? Meteor coral? This one came in on a piece of live rock that I've had for a while and is getting bigger. Monti? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. jimv

They did not touch it for months. Then one started hosting with it, then the other and now they fight over it.
  17. jimv

Help with algae ID

I was not able to get a good pic in the tank but I was able to rip a piece out. Any idea what this is? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. jimv

Tube worm, polyp or anemone?

Crappy, I have a lot of them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. jimv

Tube worm, polyp or anemone?

I can't get a good pic but I have little groups of these tube worm or polyp or anemone looking things cropping up in the rocks. They are really small and would like to leave them unless they are anemones. https://vimeo.com/113517514 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. jimv

https://vimeo.com/113515301 Looks like my black clown is hosting as well! They take turns hosting with it, do they normally do that? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk