Search results

1. R

questions about nano tanks

i have a ninety gallon reef preety bad actually cant keep up with it not enough time on my hands and i was thinkin gettin maybe a 12 gallon nano cube all one set up rahter then try to keep up with all the metal halide and refuge yada yada can anyone me the good and bad attributes to a nano as...
  2. R

question about transplanting mushrooms

how would i moved a mushroom or two off a rock to another tank if theres any way let me know please thanks.
  3. R

questions about jumping fish

anybody ever have a diamond goby jump out on them he seemed happy never left the bottom then bam...hes on my floor any reason why he would do that would another fish chase him alll the way from the bottom? any ideas?
  4. R

about my goby

90 gallon and ive had him about 2 weeks
  5. R

about my goby

i had a yellow head sleeper goby cleaned the sand great but he died so i got a diamond watchamn goby and he hasnt gotten around to cleaning the sand all around the tank i itnhk hes just hiding in the back making a little house so my question is is he gonna get aournd to the entire tank or just...
  6. R

How much sand should i have in my tank?

right now i only have anywhere from bare spots to 2 inches spread out across the tank but ive seen some people with 4 inches or more of sand so i was wonderin which is better little sand or alot of sand? i have a90 gal and evrything seems to be doin allright for now but not great ive heard...
  7. R

about my protein skimmer

quick question about my protein skimmer i have a red sea prizm protein skimmer on my 90 gal its a hang and it skims about 4 inches below the surface of the water but theres a kit you can buy to add to the skimmer so that it skims surface water which is better to skim surface or what its doin...
  8. R

any shops aournd south jersey?

wheres the in living color store? i cant find an address to it
  9. R

any shops aournd south jersey?

is there any good places to go for supplies fish coral ro water near atlantic city south jersey? my nearest guy is 40 mins away right now and yellow pages havent given me anything
  10. R

temp in my tank

no glass on top but im in galloway south jersey near atlantic city does anyone know any good places aournd here for the hobby???
  11. R

temp in my tank

i live in jersey and a chiller sounds expensive ima try fans if that doesnt do it then ill have to right?
  12. R

temp in my tank

yea i been readin that around thanks man
  13. R

temp in my tank

true but how long could my corals last no lights ya tihnk?
  14. R

temp in my tank

ambient temp is 75 if that tanks been setup not long few weeks but before all same stuff was in 92 corner tank just switched everything to 90 rec and new lights and no summers before so...
  15. R

temp in my tank

yea heater is fine all pumps runnin fine jsut my two main pumps mag 1200's they feel warm but never had a temp problem with old tank and same pumps
  16. R

temp in my tank

i have a 90 gallon tank but i cant get the temp down to 78 i think its the lighting i have 2 250 w metal halides and 2 110 w vho flourescents but i dont tihnk they heat it i tihnk it might be the halides but they sit a good 8 inches above the tank wasnt watchin the tank for a few days while my...
  17. R

need some help before everytihng dies

i have a 90 gal reef tank set up for about 9 months everytihng was doin well i was changing water frequently my lighting is good i move aournd poenty of water in the tank i have a good protein skimmer refugium i add reef solutions trace elements i itnhk im doin everything right but over the last...
  18. R

need some help before everytihng dies

i need some help here everything is dieing corals and fish all of the sudden was doin good then just started to crash and i tihnk im doin everything right for the reef so im just angry any ideas?? or medicines?