Search results

1. L

Does anybody use orhave info on these leds Arctic-S026 LED Aquarium Light

First of all, congratulations on beating the beast. It takes a lot of courage to keep fighting like you did. About the lights. I've been using them for about six months now and still love em. They are full spectrum and really make the corals color up. I have 3 of them over a 250g, 30" deep...
  2. L

White sebae anemone

I picked up a "White" Sebae about a year ago. It had a rough time at first and wouldn't settle down. I finally caged it in so it wouldn't drift in the currents. I fed it Mysis at first. Now I don't target feed it at all. It went from 2 inches to about a foot around and from white to a purplish...
  3. L

Anyone use TAOtronics LED fixtures?

They are very good to start with. I used them for a couple of years and they do a very good job of growing coral. Mine were a little noisy but I understand the newer ones are quieter. I did have one burn out and I moved up to a full spectrum light, Ocean Revive S026. Tank looks better and growth...
  4. L

LEDs too purple and wipe out the cool colours :(

I went from the blue/white Tao-tronic leds to a full spectrum Ocean Revive S026. There is a very big difference in the corals. Not only in how they are perceived but in there actual color and growth. I had a yellow toad stool that went from a dull brown to a very bright yellow in a couple of...
  5. L

Blue Electrical sparks in sump?!?!

I have a 225 reef and fish with a 75 sump and all the related goodies. I measure 28 volts. When I try to locate the culprit it seems everything adds a few points. I unplugged everything one by one and each appliance dropped the reading a little. I went nuts reading about it with all the...
  6. L

New Hybrid LED - T5 Light Coming Out!

I assume they have fans as well as heat sinks. What is the noise level? I have the Chinese Leds now and they are a little on the loud side. Any comparison?
  7. L

Algae scrubbers

I have a large fuge that keeps the nitrates at 0, but doesn't seem to do much for phosphates. Does your algae scrubber lower your phosphates as well?
  8. L

what is a good brand of led

If your on a budget, the Chinese LED s on Ebay actually work very well. If you have more to spend the new Mazspect Razor look awesome. Better spectrum then the Ebay ones. The 120W Ebay ones are $150 apiece. I have 4 on a 225 with 30in depth. Clams on the sand are happy and everything grows...
  9. L

Pulsating Xenia

This is one of those corals that either excel or wither away. It doesn't seem to have a middle ground. I had it and it takes over the whole tank if you don't keep it in check. Its now only on a rock in the middle of the sand bed where it stays in check. It is one of the more entertaining corals...