Search results

1. D

Red Sea replacement parts

Looking to replace the center light bar on my 650s with a new stock one also need to order a new return pump mines going to die where can I order these from
  2. D

HELP! Blemish in glass

Hi guys after moving my tank into a room that has some natural sunlight I've discovered a rather large blemish right in the middle of the front glass on my 650 max How can I deal with this Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. D

650 drain

having a issue with my over flow drain after all these years I can't seem to tune it to keep the tank full and stay quiet. Is there any maintenance that is required on the drain valve? I've opened it all the way to make sure there's nothing stuck in it but it just won't tune to the sweet spot...
  4. D

apex feeder

Has anyone figured out how to mount a apex auto feeder on to a 650s ???
  5. D

avastmarine

are these guys still around there website doesn't seem to work
  6. D

r/o starage barrel

I have 2 80 gallon food grade storage barrels that i've found i'm getting a TDS reading of 20ppm. I've tested my r/o water with 2 different readers and have a reading of zero. I'm not sure if there just need a quick vinegar bath or they are leaching from the plastic. I thought i read somewhere...
  7. D

tank pic's with steves led

hey guys I wanted to start a thread with pics of your tanks lit with led's what k rating are you running, whose the manufacture,how long have you had the lights and do you supplement with anything else
  8. D

Loc line

Can you anyone post a pic of how they attached the loc line to the return nozzle on the 650. I tried the t-tape method but no dice. I'm also looking for where I can buy PVC fitting to go from metric to imperial
  9. D

Max 650 cleaning

What is everyone doing to clean out the top back portion of the tank. It will take a ton of water to empty that out but I'm finding a build up of detritus in there and around the over flow cup Sent from my space ship
  10. D

Mp40w

I noticed my mp40 was not working the other day so I took it out and soaked it in viniger and cleaned it. I put the unit back in and the whole unit wants to spin. I took it sort again and noticed that the stem seems a little crunchy to turn. This unit is only 8 mths old not sure how to fix...
  11. D

Steves led questions

I'm thinking of buying a setup for my 650s but I'm not sure should I order the standard kit or upgrade to the full spectrum i do like a blue look I was thinking the 14k? But what is the JMB special? What are most people buying and how do you like it. Also what would I need to control them with...
  12. D

Flow

How much flow is everyone running in there tank I and using the stock four pumps And two mp40s. I was shocked when I moved the mps closed to the front glass and seen that a lot of the coral was not moving at the back. Now I'm wondering should I add two mp10 or two more mp40. Second question I...
  13. D

Redsea products

I'm using the rs 3 part reef foundation and last week started using the reef energy and all I can say is wow with in two days my corals started to really pop my zoas have huge polps and my elegance coral is now huge. My problem is I have a algae issue and I'm thinking about dosing vinegar to...
  14. D

apex help

im trying to program wireless and can't figure out what i've done wrong here it will not let me update gives me error Fallback ReefCrst Set Pulse If Time 08:00 to 10:00 Then ReefCrst If Time 12:00 to 14:00 Then TidalSwl If Time 16:00 to 20:00 Then Nutrient If Time 22:00 to 06:00 Then...
  15. D

Under tank shots

As I'm now finishing setting up my new tank I was hoping we could get some shots of how everyone set the tanks up behind the scenes IE dosing pumps, controllers, cal reactors and anything else
  16. D

diemakers 650 build

Hi all I just ordered a new 650 and I need to make 2 hour trip to pick it up with my pickup truck. I'm wondering what the shipping weight is the shipping company posted 1620lbs with there tracking info but I'm pretty sure that's a mistake.