Search results

1. castiel

Washing RO/DI filters in bleach....

i though bleach caused holes in a RO filter?
  2. castiel

Clownfish having difficulty staying down help

your clown is floating? do you have a video of this?
  3. castiel

Rocks

both rocks are the same, the purple is algae that ends up growing on them. It doesn't really do much but add color.
  4. castiel

20 Gallon Reef lighting - LED clamp-on?

these bulbs are good, had them on a frag tank PAR30 Reef Lamp Kit by BoostLED
  5. castiel

Help with Lionfish please...

Wave makers i think are necessary due to them making random flow, but then again you can do that by just pointing to powerheads at each other. The control i would say isn't as need, its more for extra security incase something goes wrong then it will let you know.
  6. castiel

Which Tang should I buy?

i would say Naso are my fav, the blond ones are sick! but Sohol get pretty mean, so mean that they may jump out of your tank while you are sleeping and steal your car lol jk but they do get big and mean.
  7. castiel

HOB Skimmers

never had an octopus skimmer but i would go with an in sump then hang on the back. In sump is just so much better the hang on the back plus you dont have to have some ugly pump sitting in your display tank.
  8. castiel

Nano system recommendations

the new 30 gallon jbj rimless look really sick imo, that with a AI nano would be sick and would allow you to keep what every corals you would like.
  9. castiel

Help with Lionfish please...

Welcome!! but with a qt thank you'll be able to get your fish feeding and checked for any diseases such as ich and be able to treat it easier. also why go with a big lion? why not a dwarf they look the same and can live in a smaller tank.
  10. castiel

Why the shrivel?

check Alk i know mine melt if alk swings too high.
  11. castiel

Do micro bubbles from a protein skimmer annoy anemones and corals???

i dont think it would hurt them, but i have had my sps and zoas get annoyed with micro bubbles.
  12. castiel

hello all

Welcome!!! show off some pics of your set ups, they sound really cool.
  13. castiel

Talk about hitch hikers!!

interesting article, thanks for sharing.
  14. castiel

Test Kit?

the red sea reef foundation one has been pretty good for me, and it come with a Ca, alk and Mg test kits. As for everything else i use the simple API kits and they do their job nicely.
  15. castiel

what are these?

these look like zoas or palys
  16. castiel

Did we Step it up or what? You be the Judge!!

cant see anything?
  17. castiel

Tiny White Bugs all over in the Tank

i use to have those to in my fresh water tanks, but i never knew what they were. Fallowing along to find out.
  18. castiel

Which Reactor if any?

i would say no they are not as well, but if oyu do plan on running carbon and gfo i would suggest the dual reactor from BRS.
  19. castiel

matingand breeding gold band maroon clowns.

from what i have heard pairing maroons is very difficult due to them being so aggressive, but as clowns go getting a bigger one and a smaller one and mixing them may work, but again watch out for the aggression from the bigger one.
  20. castiel

Sprungs stunner problem continued

what trace elements and what are you testing for?