Search results

1. Kongor

Moving big tanks + questions

sweet thanks for the response guys! the basement can either be accessed through the garage or it has its own hatchway around the back of the house so I have options. I think I can get it done with 4 people. Looking forward to it to get back into reefing haha my current tank is pretty bare...
  2. Kongor

Moving big tanks + questions

Hello! I am finally moving in July and upgrading from my first 75 gallon (11 years old this year!) to either a another DIY build or seriously leaning towards a Waterbox. 95% sure I'm going to go with the infinia reef 230. I have a few questions for anyone that has a waterbox or a bigger tank...
  3. Kongor

Need help with an ID

YES thank you, the name was escaping me. Unfortunately no they pretty much took over all of my live rock. I am trying to salvage what I can before I move. Going from my 75 gallon to a 150 gallon and if possible want to re-use the live rock but most likely will be starting with dry rock :(
  4. Kongor

Need help with an ID

Hello! Can anyone take a guess of what these are? The name is escaping me and I am trying to come up with a game plan on controlling/eliminating them in my tank. They have taken over most of my live rock and was wondering if there's any critters that will eat them or if I have to manually clean...
  5. Kongor

Glass/Apista Anemone Infestation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Kongor

I got a Matted Filefish, cool lookin' dude I will get a picture up in a few
  7. Kongor

OK thanks, I wasn't sure if A&B would contribute to the nems spreading. You gave me a good idea however my tank is pretty barren as far as food goes right now but maybe I will buy a few of those peppermint shrimp and keep them in the sump so they are forced to eat the anemones. Then after a...
  8. Kongor

Well I got my file fish, pretty cool and unique fish hopefully he has an appetite for the anemones. Just fed the tank mysis shrimp and he gulped down a few now we wait. Always worried about the hawkfish when adding anything but he has left him alone to my surprise. I forgot to ask this in my...
  9. Kongor

That's what I'm thinking too. My lfs just got a filefish in a few days ago might pick him up. Been looking to add a new fish since I lost my three anthias. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Kongor

Yeah I know there isn't a quick fix, ive been battling it probably about 6 months now taking my time. I did get the berghias, if i recall about 30 medium ones this summer and i see them every now and then at night. Wasn't sure how many survived the high flow lol and a small chemistry problem...
  11. Kongor

Hey guys and gals, Haven't posted in a while got super busy getting married and working (which is hilarious because of all the extra work I put into my job I still got laid off in December go figure) and in between vacations and work I got a massive anemone infestation on my hands. I was...
  12. Kongor

Kongor's 75 gallon slice of heaven or hell

Well, looks like my longnose hawkfish decided to jump out of the tank...he will be missed. Now to find a replacement lol
  13. Kongor

Power outage ?

Day 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W3_OPllU3U I am the only one left in the after times? We got 18 inches of snow power is good!!
  14. Kongor

Power outage ?

http://youtu.be/i6zaVYWLTkU basically sums it up
  15. Kongor

Power outage ?

well...i know its a little too late but I purchased two of these guys: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009MDBU/?tag=reefsanc-20 so i can calculate the exact load my tank and sump draw so I can buy the correct generator for my tank. It will also show me how many watts that puppy...
  16. Kongor

Power outage ?

Haha I am in CT, 30 inches here is what they are saying. I have my vortechs on back up but thats about it. Never lost power in this house so i am crossing my fingers.
  17. Kongor

Green chromis sick

most likely fighting amongst each other, how big is your QT?
  18. Kongor

Thank you, and that's a Blood Red Hawkfish. Its a very cool fish, was a little aggressive at first but that went away
  19. Kongor

Well here we go, some pics of new frags + my happy ending acans finally growing. blasto: golden frogspawn: unknown new chalice: unknow new sps, anyone have any ideas?: happy ending acan: candlelight arco: monti starting to spread: latest fish...
  20. Kongor

2 dead tangs

I wonder if he has any algae that might be skewing test kit results. My NO3 and PO4 read zero as well but I know thats not true haha. On the other hand he had 4 tangs so I'm sure any GHA would be consumed fast. Pale fish in MY experience are usually stressed and died from that stress. But...