Search results

1. S

Astera Starfish Taking Over

I was in the same situation with the starfish all over the glass... I just tossed a Harlequin shrimp in there a couple weeks ago and because there were soooo many starfish, it's hard for me to say he's made an instant impact on reducing their numbers. The harlequin is also quite shy and doesn't...
  2. S

Scott's 65g w/pics

wellllll... it's been about 2 weeks The new harlequin shrimp has molted once already, but is still very shy and timid and hides about 98% of the time... days go by and I start to wonder if he's still alive and then i catch a quick glimpse of him every now and then... still PLENTY of asterina...
  3. S

Scott's 65g w/pics

Here's the proof! bc i've learned that with out pictures, it never happened! had to use the flash because he's still being shy and hiding...
  4. S

Scott's 65g w/pics

Harlequin shrimp added! hopefully this'll help put a dent in my enormous tiny starfish infestation!
  5. S

Scott's 65g w/pics

ha, not a problem at all... and no, my coral beauty does not pick at any of the coral. Thankfully!
  6. S

Scott's 65g w/pics

Some updated pics of the progress on the canopy top... Finally poly'd the rest of the bottom of the stand The stained and sealed parts for the top Stained and poly'd doors for the top Side view that shows how the light fixture will sit in the canopy. The light will sit on the...
  7. S

Scott's 65g w/pics

Ah, thanks Glenn. I've considered that (although i suspect it would take a while being that there are hundreds of them) but what about the idea of manually removing a handfull of them and tossing them into the sump or the huge overflow in the back corner of the tank. (they could grow and feed...
  8. S

Scott's 65g w/pics

it's been WAYYYYY too long... hahaha Where has all the time gone? Welllll.... There have certainly been some changes with the tank over the past 9 months of silence (on my part). The top part of the canopy stand is almost finished... Will post some pics of the process soon and then also...
  9. S

Maroon Clownfish pairing?

yes, dorsal fin is the top one. I didn't mean to insinuate that u blindly went with two maroons, but the first word of caution that is usually surrendered when purchasing maroon clowns is that they're extremely aggressive towards their own and similar species. I really hope that they end up...
  10. S

Unfortunately, if it already has nips in its dorsal fin, which is where i'm assuming it was attacked, I think you may not be in for a pleasant surprise tomorrow morning. If they're that aggressive already, it's probably better to re-isolate the new maroon and consider other options. Either that...
  11. S

There is a chance.. there's always a chance. I've got one maroon clown and two ocellaris in the same 65 gal tank. They all get along and have coexisted for 7 months now. Maroon was in there for 2 months before i added the pair of ocellaris and there hasn't been any issue yet. This isn't very...
  12. S

Scott's 65g w/pics

Thanks, im just getting into the coral'ing... kinda diggin it...
  13. S

So what does everyone do for a living?

I'm a professional college student... I get paid to not grow up... like Peter Pan, but better
  14. S

Scott's 65g w/pics

Im hoping these palys do the same as yours!! They've definitely opened up and stopped being so shy over the past few days. I swear they get a little bigger every day, but maybe that's wishful thinking...
  15. S

Scott's 65g w/pics

thanks amigos... the words of encouragement are powerful motivators to keep moving forward. it's amazing how much more you care about something the more $ you spend on it.... :whip:
  16. S

Scott's 65g w/pics

After a few days of acclimating, here's what my shipment from JJ looks like :) Green Alveopora Galaxia Coral Nuclear Holocaust Palys and Assorted Zoas Crazy Favia Purple Goniopora Green Alveopora Fire and Ice Echinata Any and all help and criticism on how...
  17. S

Scott's 65g w/pics

haha... thanks... being that i started with three lil kenya trees and now they've multiplied, i needed some other variety... right after they arrive in the morning, i'll off to the golf course... gonna be a GREAT day
  18. S

Scott's 65g w/pics

Hope so... i got : Hoppy Easter Zoas Galaxia Coral Fire & Ice Echinata Nuclear Holocaust Palys Crazy Favia Purple Goniopora Neon Green Acro :)
  19. S

Scott's 65g w/pics

It's been a while... and since my new coral (thanks to JJ) will be arriving early in the am, i decided to share pics of the current state before the new additions... ENJOY new additions since last update include: assorted Zoas, Kenya trees, and a Frogspawn... more arriving from JJ tomorrow...
  20. S

The Myreeftoyours fan club

Happy Easter to everyone... and with this first order I hereby place, I hope to be another satisfied fanclub member!