Search results

1. C

my clam has preditory snails on it?

hey guys, I just was reading on this site about tridacnia clams and i see it talking about these preditory snails and there alllllll over my clams bottom.I dont know what to do should i brush it off in a separate bucket i dont know what to do? have you guys ever experienced...
  2. C

My clam has folded edges!

Hey guys, I got a clam about a month ago and hes doing really good. but one day he was on his side so I replaced him close to were he was before and ever since he has had his "wavy things" folded into him.I just don't know why he has folded sides? oh and also the folded sides are...
  3. C

Goby making a mess of tank!

hey guys, Recently I just added a pair of gobys to my tank. Every since i added them they would clean the sand and stuff and sand and debris would float around the tank it would make it pretty cloudy. Im starting to get frustrated because all this stuff is all over my rocks and on...
  4. C

What is a good LED system for my tank?

hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade my VHO lights to LED's. what are some good choices? and My budget is maximum 500$. I have a 46 gallon bow front tank. and im looking to keep a mixed reef with anemones. thanx.:)
  5. C

Maroon Clownfish pairing?

hey guys, I just got a new GB Maroon clownfish today. i have one previously in my tank so i bought one that is a juvenile(I think) it has a faint gold bar so I think it's a juvenile so it must be a male and my old one is a full Golden bar so it must be female. I have my new...
  6. C

My yellow deepwater gorgonian.

Hey guys, I just got a new coral take a look. IMG_5866 picture by clownfishrule5 - Photobucket
  7. C

WHat do you feed corals and how often and how much?

Hey guys, Im just wondering what do you guys feed your corals. Im feeding my coral (an acropora) oyster eggs i heard there good but how often should i feed them im feeding them right now 3 times a day is that to much? I also am very concerned about my nitrates I cant see...
  8. C

acro crab?

hey guys, Im just wondering about them. I have one in my acropora and im doing my research on them and some people say there super beneficial to the coral and some say they are not good for them. also I know there is one thats is hairy and those are not good but like what are...
  9. C

Acropora Coral.

Hey guys, I just got a Acropora coral today. I very nice piece but I just have a question about it. See I acclimated it using the drip system and i added it no air ever reached it. I put it towards the top in a medium~high flow area. randomly it started to like ooze these...
  10. C

anemone fight

hello guys, I have 3 BTA's in my tank. two of then my rbta and gbta came to one another and i think they fought becuase they were touching one another and flintching and moving back and forth between place and now my (rbta) moved away it seemed perfect in till i noticed it...
  11. C

were is a good site to order fish/corals/plants/inverts from?

Hey guys im just curious about some sites that are good to buy stuff from. I want to buy this piece of kelp but i the site i know (live aquaria) is out of stock. is there any other site that would be good?:tongue:
  12. C

Do micro bubbles from a protein skimmer annoy anemones and corals???

hey guys, I did a water change yesterday and my skimmer is filling the tank with micro bubbles (this happens sometimes when the water level changes) but my anemones are looking wierd like there deflated so are my corals like is this normal? it takes like a day or so...
  13. C

matingand breeding gold band maroon clowns.

hello, I currently have 1 gb maroon in my tank. some others (fire gobies) i want to marry( lol) 2 maroons together. has anyone had any experience doing so. i know they change gender and stuff and i want to know if you can marry them and if so what is a good way to do so without them...
  14. C

how long will it take for a BTA to get it's zoothanell back?

hey guys, I have this anemone that bleached out and its been 2 weeks and it's still bleached. now everything in my tank is doing well the reason why it bleached is because i moved the tank around to much. see I moved my tank down stairs removed the anemone from the tank it...
  15. C

Moving a tank downstairs.

Hello people, Today i'm moving my tank downstairs. This is what i plan on doing draining down water too 10 gallon buckets put my 2 fish in there. but im not sure what to do with my anemone should i leave it in the tank or take it out and put it with my clownfish. now i...
  16. C

keeping seahorses with fish and anemones

Hey I have a question about keeping seahorses. see I love these cute things. I really wanna get one or two but I dont if I can. In my tank now I have a hawaiian tang and a maroon clown with a BTA and another BTA. now im wondering if I can keep them in with them. like i heard they need...
  17. C

thinking about getting a carpet.

Hello guys, I am thinking about getting a carpet anemone. I heard they can kill fish and are hard to keep is this true. I just wanna say everything is perfect in my tank 0 nitrite ammonia 0 nitrate 0 to 5ppm/ salinity 1.026./ ph 8.4 /caliseum 450ppm/ mag 1360/. M:tongue:y...
  18. C

white strings inside my anemones tentacles???

hello guys, i just fed my anemone a couple of minutes ago. I noticed these weird white looking pieces of string inside some of it's tentacles. would anyone know what this is.:wave:
  19. C

What is a good lighting system for a 46 gallon bow?

Hey guys, I have a question about what a good lighting system for a 46 gallon bow tank. See i have a Florissant system and a T5 HO system a white light and blue only two bulbs and the Florissant system is 38 watts and the t5 system is 79watts (39x2) is that good and if not...
  20. C

Is this anemone going to split?

hey guys, I'm posting a pic. and I wanna know if this anemone is going to split.